Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Big Brother David - Wedding

No that isn't a typo - and I'm not re posting - we had 2 big brothers (one for Matt and one for me get married a week apart).  Thankfully, they were both in the sunny city of Phoenix where we were more than happy to bask in the bursting blaze of sun while delighting in the blessed bash of beautiful ceremony and company.
Cindy has been with out family for a very long time and we are thrilled to finally be able to "officially" include her in all of our craziness.  I was also very happy to come to her aid in my first "wonderful act as an awesome sister-in-law" when she informed me that my older brother thought he should only have to be present for 20 minute (tops) of photos.  Ha! ha. ha. As if.
We started the evening before the ceremony with a little backyard get-together...good company and good food.

He cleans up pretty darn well...





The women in Cindi's family were awesome (and hilarious and tore it up on the dance floor :)

I'm totally biased about these adorable flower girls...

Like a scene from the Godfather...







Loved seeing the family and friends that came...I wanted to pull up a chair and start a good long chat but duty called...


Totally biased about the ring bearer too...

After the ceremony we headed downtown to capture a few shots before letting the bridal party leave.


The crazy thing here is - I went to school with ALL these girls (minus Vanessa, Cindy's little sister).  It was a little trippy to all be together in celebration of David & Cindy...but I love that she has a good group of support - that has stayed with her since high school.




Here is where I interject that Cindy was a good sport - Ella had been sick (I mean really really really really sick) the night before (from 2am-6:30am every 30 minutes to be exact) and when we finally coaxed her over to Cindy - she just let her love and kiss and hug her - and then crossed her fingers that she wouldn't get sick for her honeymoon :)

The family is debating whether Court was impersonating Hitler or Groucho Marx...Rachel (my other sister-in-law) is  our family's stylish fashionista...Taylor is the BEST groomsman anyone could ask for - his poses were killer and are still making me laugh (just not as much as Court) - and Jace is AVAILABLE - but he lives on a ranch and rides a horse in Southern Arizona.








 
Let's take a moment and pay homage to my old-school 5.a.Day mantra (if only I could find the photo of my in the broccoli suit...) 
let me bring you back to the sub-ject...


We headed over to Papago Park to snap a few more photos with the beautiful light and cacti (how could I photograph desert people and not their surroundings??)





ooo-behind the scenes sister-in-law shot!

pretty sure David is trying not to laugh at something ridiculous Tia said...I wish I had gotten a photo of all the siblings...oh well - I had to settle for the best looking of the 5. 
On to the reception at the Wright House (fabulous venue). David and Cindy are passionate about a few things: conservative politics, Lakers/Dodgers, and movies.  Their reception seating was so clever - each guest had a movie ticket with a quote on the bottom.  The movies used were some of their favorites:


Yeah...yeah...yeah...I'm not afraid to post a horrible picture of myself (and everyone else...ok just of Tia, Ash and I) because I can blame the mother (Kathy) behind the camera!




As a mother (not the photographer) this has to be my favorite image of the evening...Grandma great with her granddaughter and great granddaughter...and I am NOT pointing out the Ella comes up to Amanda's knee.

They had a photo FLIPbook booth.  This was the COOLEST thing I have seen in a long time.  A lady set up a station in the corner where you dress up and act out something for 8 seconds, then they print and cut and staple the scenes into a flip book for guests to take home with them.  My kids were entertained the entire evening (I finally had to tell the lady to stop letting them go on) we came home with 15 different books!





Did I mention how awesome and hilarious Cindy's parents are??
We had a wonderful weekend and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves to the point of exhaustion!  Best of luck David & Cindy.
(from their party favor)
"By the authority vested in me by Kaiser William II, I pronounce you man and wife.  Proceed with the execution."
Yes.  I had to google the quote :)

7 comments:

Cristin said...

Great pictures! They look really happy!

Linsey F said...

Looks like one awesome party.

PS. My sister is AVAILABLE too. Just sayin'.

DRN said...

thanks again Megan. I still feel bad about the torture we put you through!

Sabra said...

I have so many thoughts running through my mind. My eyes are a bit misty. I'm so glad for the couple, and I'm happy to see David's movie tastes have changed quite a bit.

Wade said...

Don Corleone and Michael.

Marie in Texas said...

What a joy to be able to see these beautiful pictures especially since we were unable to attend. Kudos to the photographer, you did a fabulous job! Big hugs and best wishes, love, Marie

brooke said...

Really wish we would have come!