Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Weekend Review

I know, its already Tuesday but I need to review my weekend...lots of things worthy of my noting took place :)

Friday, followed my weird pregnancy cravings and combined two recipes to make banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting (use any recipe for banana cake that includes buttermilk - too lazy to type it out! - I saw a recipe on a food blog that had banana cake with p.b. frosting and thought it was worth a try...it was.)


Saturday, watched conference, then set-up for my first-ever PROM dinner. It was a lot of fun and I think the kids had a good time. We'd like to thank modern miracles in food preparation that allowed us to serve tri-tip, turkey, mashed potatoes and green beans from a tiny office kitchen :) My sister was freaking out that we didn't have any table decor planned a month in advance, but thanks to some killer scrapbook paper and candles I think we pulled it off (and big tissue pom-poms).











I grabbed our "hostess" before they jetted off and made them take a "dreamy" prom picture...aren't they so....well...DREAMY...(sigh).

Hey...we did not embarass her at all that night...I never said I wouldn't AFTERwards :)



Sunday morning we set up a "reverence" tent to watch conference. I was too lazy, relaxing in the plush filled tent being jumped on by Mac to take any pictures. It was definitely worth it however, especially when Laina started giving me her lotion massage :)

We had a pancake blow-out and a relatively relaxing afternoon.
I finished the final book in the Josephine Bonaparte series and have to recommend. In typical "tax-season" form, I will now have to go and research the French Revolution - I recall having to do the same after reading The Other Boleyn Sister (actually it might have to wait until after my psycho month of photo sessions.) Last time, I was telling my sister about King Henry she said, "wait...don't tell me how it ends!" I thought how strange - everyone knows that Anne Boleyn gets her head taken off....but after reading this series on Josephine Bonaparte, I found myself thinking the same thing "Oh my goodness! How is this going to end????" I wouldn't let myself read the back of the book in fear that it would ruin the ending!



3 comments:

Cristin said...

Tia's comment reminds me of when I saw Baz Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet in the movie theater. The girl in front of me leaned over to her friend and said, "I totally know how this ends. I won't ruin it for you."

Wade said...

Not your "first" prom dinner. Kathy did your "first" prom dinner.

Wade said...

But, Tia could not have done better.