Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Monday, February 8, 2010

The Enemy.


The enemy has entered the building.


Let me first state the obvious:

1. My german heritage leans heavily towards a "stubborn" nature (or at least my husband seems to think so and tell me so...) so remember this when you're reading...

2. My political persuasion leans heavily towards the RIGHT (why this has anything to do with the subject is completely unknown, just thought it needed to be said...because everyone knows that if you love Apple and Steve Jobs then you probably voted for the "Change we Need" right?)

3. I was born and raised on a PC - and put myself through high school and college using the PC

4. I can make a PC sing - it must be that RIGHT brained thing...

5. Apple is dumb. (just writing that makes me laugh)


Now, I will add a few things that I'd prefer to stay in the closet:

1. I own an ipod shuffle - and gave birth to 2 children listening to the simple ipod shuffle

2. I received an itouch (without knowing how cool it was) for a Christmas gift from my PC/Dell/Windows loving husband - HOW COULD HE?

3. I really like the itouch - but that's as far as I will go (and I REALLY like the kindle app for the itouch - something I knew nothing about until 2 weeks ago...seriously couldn't anyone have clued me in here??? It's like the Babies R Us thing all over again...only this time with books.)

4. I've been waiting for 5 months for Dell to send me a new warranty computer :)


AND...

5. This weekend another enemy entered my home - APPLE TV (yes its incredible....yes its awesome...yes it way cool...yes you probably should get one...blah blah blah), but I will never say it out loud. AND I WILL NEVER-EVER-EVER own a MAC. Matt walked in with the little box and I seriously felt like I had been betrayed. BETRAYED, I tell you.


It's the "principle" of it.... (And a german stubborn thing.) Apparently you can't be a legitimate photographer unless you have a MAC. Whatever. To me, the whole situation resembles the ol' Nikon/Cannon debate...or a Ford/Chevy debate...each of them have a few cool components that make them special but in the end you get in the vehicle and it gets you from point A to point B OR you click the button and take a picture.


So there. I feel so much better, and to be fair, I'll answer my cousin's question..."No I did not smell marijuana or incense burning when I opened the box :) " And I should probably add that I'm goin' off of about 4 hours of sleep (sickness + teething baby = little sleep) ...however sleep deprivation does not change my feelings on this subject.


*Okay...the MAC family and friend users that I know do not fall into any of the MAC stereotypes...just sayin...I'm not a hater.

3 comments:

Whitny said...

oh I am calling you girl. Pc's are of the devil.

The Melo's said...

How do you find out about all of these gadgets?! I am going to have to pick your brain about the tv thing, very intriguing!

A said...

Long live the PC! Death to all macs and mac lovers! Whoa take it easy, im just kidding. kind of. I own an ipod, and I listen to it everyday. But I do think the iphone is lame mostly because of AT&T. I loaded up a hackintosh on a dell laptop and played with it, mostly to play with snow leopard. But I mostly think "mac people" are a little smug. They all think the mac is sooo great. I just dont get it. "I can do everything you can do better", I think the mac has some great qualities - portable applications with no windows registry. I think the pc has some great qualities - no proprietary hardware. Basically what im trying to say is I think Apple hardware is bad because its proprietary, I think Microsoft is bad because... the list is too long. But give me Linux on PC hardware, and let the fun begin. I can run a virtual windows for all the windows apps I need, and Im trying to think of a killer app that apple has that cant run on a pc... but I cant think of any so.. Sorry mac you lose! Wow that's a long comment - I must have issues?