Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Belated BEST birthday

We voted to celebrate the ME birthday a few days after the actual date. It has been a bad week, (understatement of the year) but Matt was hell-bent on doing a good birthday. It started with the purchase of the Vitamix. When you start with anything fruit/vegetable your off to a good start. We hauled the viatmix from Newport to Utah back to Prescott. He made a green smoothie, whole wheat - oatmeal - flax - cranberry pancakes (oh yeah baby...) and blackberry syrup... ALL in the blender. Yes - this is worthy of comment - he even thought through it before hand (a must when in the kitchen) and took the kids to buy all the stuff. I am a happy woman. I require very little to burst with excitement - kids - spouse - fruits - veggies - flax! It was wonderful and MUST be repeated every year! :) After the breakfast (we could only handle about 1.5 pancakes each - they were thick buggers...)
Laina informed me that she would like for me to take a shower (it had been a few days) and that she was going to pick out my outfit and do my makeup. I tried not to freak out that my 7 year old was already beginning to want to dress me (Tia and I didn't start that with out mother till we were at least in high school!). She laid everything out nicely on my bed and insisted I put the shoes on (even though we weren't going anywhere...) I talked the kids into giving me foot massages (well McLaren at least since he was fighting over the makeup with Laina...) then Indy grabbed a foot and I was in HEAVEN! I asked Indy where he had learned to massage feet so well...he said, "In the book Fablehaven, they massage an OGRE's feet...I just thought I would try the same thing." Whatever. I'll take it. He also found a belated birthday gift on our porch from our neighbor...a machete. How nice
















4 comments:

Wendy said...

So...you didn't mention the machete, Megan...I hope you had a very nice after your birthday, birthday! :)

Rabid said...

Happy Birthday too! Wow, your kids are growing up. (And I've never seen them in person.)

Katie said...

Oh dang, I wanted to see a picture of Laina's makeover of you. Bet you looked great

megan said...

the makeover went crazy after Mac showed up....