Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Blue - Gold and the disgRACER

The month of February is not a "sunshine" month for the Holdsworth family. The reality of tax season is starting to set in - the Blue and Gold Banquet hits - its stinkin cold and snowing - Pinewood Derby must be planned - and Stake Audits (matt's second calling) are in full swing. That being said - we survived and March brought with it some warm SUN - and even a tinge of sunburn. I also managed to get in some good reading (my favorite thing to do is crawl in bed at night and read when Matt is burning the midnight oil at the office). My house has also managed to stay "cleaner" (notice I didn't pronounce it "clean" just "cleaner" than during the holiday photo season :) and there have been some tasty dinners on the table - see all of the things I can accomplish when not blogging???!

I was in charge of running the set-up for Blue & Gold banquet. I thought we did a good job.  (Just look at those soon-to-be awesome race neckerchiefs - sheesh I better be careful lest people start to get the wrong idea about me and crafts).


After that Matt and Indy started to gear up for his 2nd Pinewood Derby - hoping to not have a repeat of last years pathetic disappointing showing.

Let's take a moment and just appreciate the fun of building the car...I mean it's about 70% building and like 10% racing RIGHT??
And now a brief intermission - Ella doing what she does best...



Now - what do you get when your Father is the Cubmaster and your mother is your DenMother????

Unfortunately - NOT a winning car..in fact you get the SLOWEST car of the ENTIRE pack. BUT remember that's NOT what's important right??

Matt and I were super excited to implement the Derby software - at least that portion of the race was a success. (Reality - we couldn't figure out how to run all the heats so we just threw our hands up and bought something that would do it for us.)
And the other Matt (aka Pediatrician Matt) decided to test the software and work a paper version just to see if it could be trusted :) (I love Taylor's drink in the background!)
I thought it was sooo cool that they actually made stickers with INDY's name on them...(we are NOT dwelling on the fact that a kid with the name INDY has come in last place 2 years in a row...we are NOT...)



Before we left that morning (in a mad race to get there to set-up) I jokingly remarked to Matt that we could give the slowest car the "Fuel Economy" award...much better than the turtle award eh??
Thank you Indy for being a good sport...what doesn't kill you will make you stronger (it won't give you a faster car...just make you stronger :) And the glamour shot drivers license is awesome.

9 comments:

Whitny said...

So cute. What a great post. Love love it. Last place. Oh that is. Well that's Matt's fault obviously.

Brandi said...

We're moving over to your pack....you guys are awesome!!

Sabra said...

I fear these upcoming events in my life.

Lynda Holdsworth said...

The banquet decorations are darling! At the risk of offending, maybe Baki/Grandpa Grant should help Indy with the car next year. Not to brag, but the Flagstaff Holdsworth family does have a fab reputation for winning the race! Just saying. . .

kristin said...

I am shocked. I'm pretty sure Grant knows a thing or two about pinewood derby-ing.

kristin said...

Either Grant. Big or little.

Cristin said...

That's funny about being last. At least you can laugh. We took our boys to the Pinewood Derby this year, just cause it was something to do, and they loved it. I thought it was funny how the children of engineers all had cars that placed. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Erik said...

When you need some tips on how to dominate the pinewood derby...give me a call :o)

David said...

well at least it looks fast