Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Monday, March 28, 2011

35 miles.

The exact number of miles left in your car when the gas light comes on (or your husbands car). This is not good when you're in the middle of the desert in high heels and nylons. However, I blessedly coasted to a stop exactly parallel with the first RV on the outskirts of Quartzsite. And yes, I hiked across the desert to knock on several RV doors until one nice couple gave me a ride into town. I wish I had been brave enough to take a self-portrait as I set out across the desert in heels - what a site. You'll have to forgive me...all I got was an after-shot of the shoes... and an unfocused picture of the pump. My husband wisely remained silent when I told him about my predicament. I should say he remained silent via phone and text and bid me good luck. Of course when I finally was back safe at home - he did say this would be a good parody of my life. I have no idea what he was alluding too...

9 comments:

Whitny said...

Wow. that sucks

is that a stick in your nylon?

Anonymous said...

When was this????

Unknown said...

I'm sorry, but that was hilarious!

Unknown said...

Oops- it's Krista here, not Ryan

Wade said...

Daughter dear,
It was the driving around looking for shooting locations.

So sorry to see this.

megan said...

Yes - stick in my nylon - the dirt was still visible while I sat at my dinner table at a benefit in Prescott that night.
Sheri - this was Saturday :)
Yes - it was hilarious...and Dad - it had nothing to do with driving around Yuma and everything to do with being a space case - who leaves on a 4 hour trip without even looking at the gas gauge?? (please don't answer that.)

Cristin said...

Did you know you can sign up for AAA and then use it 5 seconds later? I learned that last week when I needed a tow. That really does suck though. I'm glad nobody kidnapped you out there.

Tia said...

Thanks to the hubby for helping you out sucky story

Erik said...

ha ha