Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hermosa Beach

Over the past 14 years Matt and I have had many many beach vacations.  Matt loves the beach - adores the beach - if he feels like a vacation, then it's going to happen at the beach.  The only hang up has been "which beach"?  Matt needs a big long boardwalk to ride and walk up and down.  I want yummy food and little shops nearby.  I want to stay far away from big public parking lots and crowded beaches.  We finally settled on an awesome location - Hermosa Beach.  The best of all worlds.  Tia and her girls joined us - and my mom and brother/sis.in.law, and Matt's sister & family popped in and out throughout the weekend.







I had no idea my brother Court was so tall??



We walked to the little Aquarium in Redondo beach...nothing snazzy - right up our alley.

The lovely black vignette on the edge of this image is what happens when you put a non "full-frame" lens on a full-frame camera :)




Can you just feel the love?? In the next frame he was kicking sand on her head.

Absolutely loved our walks every night down to the pier for yogurt/ice cream



Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of the actual donut...maple long john topped with bacon.  We went there 3 times (the 45 minute boardwalk bike ride made it ok to indulge :) I loved the fact that after our first bike ride (which Laina whined & complained about having to go on) - she caught on real quick and the next morning was chomping at the bit to "go on a bike ride" 'cause she knew that all bike rides end with donuts.







I love it - all the kids had already had their ice cream and then Matt sits down and gets to SHARE with them.


6 comments:

Whitny said...

Love the black polkadot swim suit shot. Hottie. Totally cute and fabulous vacation.

brooke said...

My favorite is your crossfit shirt while biting into a donut! I thought you crossfit freaks were all paleos? ha ha.

megan said...

NO paleo for me...I love beans and quinoa and steel cut oats TOO much :) and my friday night binge...and my movie candy...and...

Grant said...

Love the one of Laina and the blue ice cream cone! How did you get the eyes to come out the same color?? What a cutie she is.

Grant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
megan said...

Grant - Laina's eyes are really really blue...You should know where they came from :) The lighting in that are really made the colors intense...you'll notice Mac's ice cream is the same? But his eyes are a little "muddy/grey-er" and so they don't shine/capture light as much as her blue ones in that setting