Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Finally.


It only took me 3 attempts to achieve pizza PERFECTION. (And a phone call to my sister, who gave me the recipe, to ask what the heck I was doing wrong! Just goes to show...NEVER give up on the dough.) I'm also thrilled to have finally solved the LAME grill mystery. I've ordered new hoses, filled the tank...everything I could think of...wasted the entire summer and finally just went and bought a new tank and voila! Grill works :) And yes...it may be a bit HEAVY on the toppings, but I was so excited to actually be making the pizza instead of chucking the dough.
Its pretty hard to grill pizzas...I decided to do one side and then flip (like Bobby Flay), but you have to have your toppings right there ready to go. AND let me caution you...if using pizza paddles you better have cornmeal otherwise your pizza sticks and you end up with a weird calzone that your kids won't even touch. I got a little too sure of myself and wrecked 2 whole pizzas!




I have to make a plug for the mother of all sauces found at Williams and Sonoma. This is the best white sauce ever! It allowed me to give pizzaria Bianco (never been there :) a run for their money....and since I don't live near WS I've got to figure out how to make it...Artichokes blended with garlic and EVOO...delicious! The other picture is just a tiny peak into how psycho it gets when making pizza from scratch. I started at 4:30 and sat down to eat at 6:30...totally exhausted. Nice meal to tackle for my first major dinner back in the kitchen eh??

As everyone pulled up to the table and saw their choices (chicken, spinach, tomato, olives, grn onion and fresh mozz OR pepperoni, salami, olive, mushroom) I heard the comment...is there any plain cheese?? Why do I bother??%^&*


Killer Pizza Dough (courtesy of Tia's friend)
2 3/4 C.Water (may need to add more)
5 tsp yeast - highly active yeast
Add the yeast and water in the mixer let bubble;
2 Tbl molasses
2 Tbl EVOO
Add molasses & EVOO and mix
2 1/2 Tbl Wheat Gluten (Can get this in any grocery store....even WalMart)
1 Tbl Salt
7 Cup Flour
Add flour, wheat gluten, and salt.

Knead for about 10 min. May need to scrape sides a bit and add just a bit more flour. It will be very very sticky...just leave it alone and let double in size (about 25min.)

You'll want to add a bit more dough after you punch down and start rolling into pizzas. Throw down some cornmeal so it wont stick...or just pretend you're a pizza dude and form it right over the grill (I had mine about 350).

Bake in oven at 520 7-10 min.

Makes about 4 LARGE pizzas...had about 2 leftover with my family.


Now for a quick week in review. Hmmm...went to skate park (pictures to come) in the morning and pool in the afternoon. Cleaned up Ella's face and nostrils from barf about a kazillion times ;) Matt caught about a kazillion kangaroo rats (NO pictures to come) and had a family movie night on Friday on the couch. Had a lot of breakfast, lunch and dinner dates :) Listened to wonderful talks in church on Faith. Loved the comment:
"Faith and Fear canNOT co-exist".

3 comments:

A said...

WOW impressive. I dont want to even imagine trying to grill a pizza. Im all for a good wood fired, or brick oven pizza (isnt that the same thing) But ever since the twins came Im all over the Pilsbury premade dough, throw some fresh Romas, Basil, EVOO, and cracked pepper. Sure, its not nearly as good but it only takes 20 minutes from start to finish. Plus the second tube of dough gets covered with cheddar and some mystery meat pepperoni because nobody will touch the "weird" margherita pizza.

brooke said...

I actually scrolled back up to make sure I was on Megan's blog! Megan who just had a baby? not just A baby but her FOURTH baby? You are nuts girl. I don't attempt pizza dough and I have only one child. I have papa john's on speed dial.

But they do look yummy.

Wendy said...

Megan! It's me, Wendy! Email me! wendyberryman@yahoo.com I miss you!