Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Year of Mother part 7

This post should've gone under July...I blame:

1) Baby Ella :)

2) 3 other children

3) Wife/Mother duties

for making it impossible to sit down in front of the computer for longer than 30 seconds. Oh well...it DID happen in July...so what if it was the last day of July????

SKATEBOARDING.

We have watched probably 25 hours worth of skateboarding. It all started with Zeke & Luther, the Disney show on skateboarders. They're very clean looking skateboarders (I say that for my mothers sanity). Indy was hooked. Then we started DVR'ing the X games and skateboarding competitions...I'll be glad when school starts so I can delete them all. He's become obsessed with skateboarding and like ANY mother of an 8 year old OBSESSED boy...I've done everything I can to get him to stop following me around begging me to take him skateboarding. We would go on walks to the church parking lot and the grocery store parking lot...and then the skate park hit. I learned from a previous visit about 2 years ago that if you show up during teenage "awake" hours...then you're in trouble, especially if your husband dressed in suit and tie shows up with you (and you're pushing a stroller) talk about OUTCASTS! So we've found if you hit the skate park before 10:30am then its great. The other day about 5 moms hit the skate park and we totally took it over and no big kid would even "drop in" :) So, once again Indy dear, here is proof that I tried to support you in your dreams of big air (I'd like to add that his father thought he was also a skateboarder...even when we were married I remember him buying a board in vegas ;)




Indy and his buddy Carsten "Kamikaze" Kimball


Rascal....they go "butt" boarding and slide down the bowls.



Unfortunately I didn't have the camera with me on the day he was "hot" and took his shirt off and was skating around bare chested...hmmm...



Laina made a new friend :)






Sam...Sam...Blam...Blam...who needs a board?






Indy convinces others to give him their bike or scooter...










Oh...and little Ella slept on the sidelines :)


This is what happens when you "Olly" and it hurts...

Powerade may be the real reason he wants to go...only he has to beg money from his little sister.




I can hear my little brother saying, "why are you at the skate park? isn't there a PS game of skateboarding he can play instead???"

6 comments:

Sabra said...

He looks like a little pro out there. Nice moves.

PEHNelson said...

So cute! Yes, I do know what it's like to have an obsessed 8 year old. And Paul just mentioned to me yesterday that he thinks the only reason that Hunter likes to go golfing with him is that Paul will buy him a Gatorade at the snack bar!

brooke said...

Those pictures are so cute, and Ella is adorable!
Zach loved the X-games too, he would watch with Aaron and say "WOAH" over and over. Luckily he's not old enough to have the desire to do it himself, I think I'd pass out!

Chy said...

10:30.. yeah that sounds about right when I would get up to blade. and yes, I was one of those crazy kids who would get all their friends to go the skate park. Got to love those fun times and lots of laughs though!
Love and miss ya'll

Dawn said...

I didn't think that taking over that park was possible. We've never been there during teenage sleeping hours, and it's a scary place...can't wait for the obcession here, I wonder what it will be. And please tell me where you got the carseat! It's very cute and I've not found one I like yet!

Sheri N. said...

One word... Stud!