Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Monday, August 10, 2009

It's the most WONDERFUL TIME of the YEAR!

Better than Christmas and totally blows New Year's out of the water!

(sing to: "Its the most wonderful time of the year")
"Its the MOST wonderful time of the year...
There's hair to be combing
and backpacks for loading
so be of GOOD CHEER!
Its the MOST wonderful time of the year!


I've been looking forward to this date for ummm about 10 weeks (or however long summer break is!). I can't help it...I'm a schedule person and I like the part in the schedule where it says "drop off for school" then "go get everything done" (i.e. grocery shopping, laundry, exercise etc...) Today was the start of major life and schedule reform...I even made charts!


Indy is excited for his male teacher Mr. Goldsmith and Laina already loves her teacher Ms. Brimhall. They both were up and ready before 7am...something that has never happened in our home. Maybe it was the excellent "Get Ready" sticker chart I made...complete with prizes and everything (more on that later.)


We had our usual "first day of school" photo session...but this year matt told me that the newspaper was looking for back to school photos...so he came up with an idea and I came up with one...not sure if I can submit both?? Anyway the kids had picked their outfits out the day before and had them all ready to go...I think I saw every little boy with the same Old Navy shirt that Indy had on...of course tomorrow he gets to go to cub scouts for the very first time and is wearing his entire uniform...he's so brave...I'm crossing my fingers for him....luckily he thinks it is soooo cool (and it is :).

McLaren starts preschool (my first child EVER) next week...but we decided to let him take a picture with his backpack today.








This was Matt's idea...I think I like it better....

This was my idea...totally un-original



And let's not forget our "Back to School" afterschool party...nothing like a little processed sugar to get them to unload about their wonderful first day!

4 comments:

rabidrunner said...

Holy smokes! You're skinny already. (It takes me a year and a half.)

B said...

Super cute! I love the one with daddy. I hear you about the schedule! My girls are only 19months and I'm already looking forward to preschool next year:) Have a wonderful day!

Brandi said...

I seriously love that commercial with the dad skipping in the aisles singing that song! Love your pics too, as usual! I need new chart ideas, so I hope you are going to share! My kids are really tired of mine, we need a new spark!

Cristin said...

I like the one of them jumping best. I know it's unoriginal, but it's still really cute. Yeah, Luke starts preschool in September. I can't wait. I think about it all the time and it's only 2 days a week, 2 hours each day!