Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Not just any "MANIC" Monday...

It was a

Terrible.

Horrible.

No-Good,

Very Bad

Monday.


Even Australia wouldn't have helped. But some Bangles probably would have...why didn't I think of that???


It was so bad that its taken me this long to recover from it and to bring myself to even write about it. But I have 2 vases of flowers from the men in my life (husband & father) that showed up and let the sun shine.

**This is as far as I got on Thursday...I was interrupted by the 4th day of fever with my 3 year old...

Now it's Sunday - my fun day...my I don't have to run day.


I was determined to get caught up with my posting, but instead I took a 3 hour nap and feel much better.

So let's see...where were we? Oh...the bad Monday. The week where my mother told me on 2 different phone calls "Hang on the walls of your mind the memory of your successes" (thanks be to Sterling W. Sill & Google :)


After a brief and painful workout with Ella strapped to my chest, I came home and found that my deep freeze had been unplugged...several days had gone by without me noticing...hundreds of dollars of meat (half a cow and some bagel bites) were lost forever. Indy thought he had unpluged a different cord. I sobbed. Hard. My precious food reserves were gone forever. An hour later, just as I was walking out the door to see a movie with friends, McLaren kneels down onto a hot stove and singes his knee cap...its burned bad. I drug him and tell the babysitter to call me if he doesn't stop crying. Awful mother. I know - but truth be told, the babysitter was more comforting than I would've been able to be...so what if she was getting paid to do it...I shouldn't be writing this...but the day was only half done. I returned home refreshed and recommitted (to blogging and cooking - saw Julie and Julia :) An hour after that the doctors office called to say that McLaren had strep throat. I had taken him in the previous Friday for a possible ear infection- no ear infection...just strep. Through my tears, for this had officially pushed me over the edge, I gave the nurse our pharmacy, then hung up and tried to call anyone who would listen to my terrible horrible day. Even my husband, who had a huge open house at work the next day, was not off limits. After recounting the story several times, I was feeling a bit better. McLaren missed his first day of school (we wouldn't want to infect the entire city of Prescott...its one thing to do it unknowingly, another to do it with full knowledge right?).

Two more crazy days went by and we filled 4 prescriptions.

On Thursday we found an ear infection in McLaren.


This had turned into a terrible, horrible week. But it was almost over. I spent the entire day on Saturday in my robe. Greeted friends and neighbors. Loved every minute of it. Finished out the week with a bang.


Will post only happiness this week.


Flowers from Dad - they make everything better (and balloons, and chocolates - McLaren wanted to know what the party was for...)

Two pictures of Ella..and the blanket...I love it when I wrap her up in it and her little fingers and toes are sticking out.

6 comments:

Cristin said...

Oh man, hearing about the meat made me want to cry. That is awful, but you have to remind yourself, these are just things.

rabidrunner said...

A few things:
1) You need my phone number. We could have cried together this week.
2) Sickness lifting yet? Ours is still going... Hope yours lifts soon.
3) I've had the freezer thing happen three times (once at home while in high school and two of my own)! Two of the three were complete losses. I now make an effort to check the bottom of the freezer (it's in the garage) for a melt puddle. Prolly do this three times a day.
4) I need to go read about Alexander and his terrible, horrible, very bad no good day (or whatever the order is..)
5) About those hanging the walls of your mind with successes... I just thought how genius it would be to photograph successes and hang 'em all throughout the house. How do I photograph my successes....? Better yet, what the h*** are my successes?

cookie said...

Before I complain this week I shall think of you :)

Lynda Holdsworth said...

Hi Meg - Oh, I'm so sorry you've had a rotten week! Just remember, this too will pass. Thanks for always including pictures with the blog. It makes my day.
P.S. I had a freezer full of food defrost because someone in the family unplugged the freezer to use something fishing-related, and forgot to re-plug. Pretty soon the smell of rotting fish finally gave me a clue about the situation (no names have been mentioned, so as to protect the guilty.

Tia said...

wow that was a doozy, but thanks I feel much better- don't you always feel better reading about someones really crappy days!

brooke said...

I am sorry that this made me laugh. But when its not you, its all a little funny. The best part about it was that you went to the movies in the middle of it all.

I hope that you had a better Monday today!