Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Clean House & Happy Children

I am my mother.

I was sitting at gymnastics on Friday with one eye on McLaren making sure that every time he looked my way I gave him a double thumbs up and looks of encouragement...and one eye on Ella & her sidekick Lucy...and one ear on the mother's day discussion taking place among my friends. One was joking about her mothers' response to the question "What do you want for mother's day?" Her mom would reply "Clean rooms and happy children".
I burst out laughing! This is word for word MY mother's answer (even to this day :) - and this year I finally threw in the towel - took my OWN Mother's Day trip to L.A. to meet my mom & sister & Aunt & Cousin (the weekend before) - and told my family that today all I'd like is a "CLEAN HOUSE AND HAPPY CHILDREN...and a smoothie for breakfast..." And you know what? I got it.

The end.

5 comments:

Whitny said...

So sweet. lOve the post.

Now post Elizabeths

Sabra said...

I too enjoyed a smoothie...in bed no less.

Ashlee said...

Happy Mother's day to you...but from some very jealous "other cousins" we need pictures of your great girls weekend, minus 2!

amanda kayy said...

dido to ash.... we want the pics! :):)

Lynda Holdsworth said...

What an adorable bunch of kids - they look positively angelic - as we all know they ARE!! Mom, you look so young and carefree-you must have had a really good day.