Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Warrior Dash - INSANITY

Brace yourselves - This is going to be crazy - insane - and quite possibly one of the gnarliest things I've ever done this far in my life (except for the 2 nights spent in that Budapest Hostel...)

Warrior Dash 2011
When I first read about Trainer Momma doing the warrior dash - I knew I had to do it. I tried to round up as many people as I could. The men all whined the whole way until about an hour before - everyone started to get pumped up.

We got all the kids decked out (they did a great job as our cheerleaders - Ella licked the oreo icing and then handed the cookies to the Campbells' twins...a win-win.)
Have I mentioned how much Ella loves Greg? or how much I love his shirt??
Super sweet...


A little warrior craziness....
Most of the race is hidden but these obstacles were out by the entrance.


SOOOOO very very tired.



This chick got boo-ed big time..you don't skirt the mud! The crowd was chanting "push her in! push her in!"
Best couple shot of the day:


Favorite shot of the day:


Let's take a moment and admire this man...no idea who he is, but a great costume.



Sheris wins for best pose(r)


Taylor wins for best entry.

Taylors' BEST PHOTO EVER. He never poses for me...except here.
Taylors' face makes me laugh so hard...so very very hard.
These guys hauled this the entire way...it was hilarious! The crowd cheered for them - big time.




I was so worried that Greg was going hate me for roping him into this...but holy cow he threw down...literally! He's tied with Taylor for best mud of the day.



Things we learned:
1. TOWELS. Lots and lots of towels... we didn't bring any :(
2. BLANKETS. We brought none - I can't describe how cold it was after - even in Arizona!!
3. Big Shade tent (thank you Campbells!) & chairs
4. Stroller (need to haul "hidden" food)
5. Go for the late afternoon run so that you can justify staying in a hotel (because driving back to Prescott sitting in a pile of mud - would not be fun).
6. You can run at any time - they don't check numbers or runners and they send a group off every 30 minutes. We even brought an "unregistered" runner and she threw in and ran (she thought after the first 1/4 mile that it might not have been a great idea).
7. Fitness level does not matter - I approached a really high wall that had a rope dangling from it and the ladies in tutus that were in front of me said "nope - not going over that one" and they walked around it. There were all different ages - some ran -and most walked it.
8. The bigger the group & the better the costumes = MORE FUN! Seriously - you may feel dumb before hand (yes even I did) but once you get there it's a riot. We all ran at different times (photo ops :) but next year we will all run/walk together. Staying in a pack makes it more fun. I think I'll even let Indy come with us.
9. Walking the plank was the hardest for me - Matt didn't like the spider crawl.
10. The bigger the dive/canon ball at the end the more cheers from the crowd. One guy did a flip over every stretch of barbed wire.
11. The fire was really hot.
12. You don't have to race - we can always use cheerleaders - it was quite the spectator sport.
Can't wait for next year!!

9 comments:

Sheri N. said...

I can honestly say it was one of hte most fun days ever!

Great pics. Thank you.

Cristin said...

"The fire was really hot."

This post is so funny! Love the costumes, love the mud, love that you did this.

Tia said...

Awesome!!

Ms. Meatballs said...

Meg you look super hot!

Laura said...

Holy Cow that looks soooo fun! I'm not sure fun enough to do it but REALLY dang fun! You guys are awesome seriously!

Ray G said...

Totally cool!!!! The fire is right up my alley...

Dawn said...

I need more information on this one. This looks too fun to pass up!

The McEnaney's said...

I am dying! Hilarious! Great pictures and it looks like a blast!

cookie said...

I want in next year! :)