Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Graduation Show.

A few weeks ago I was able to attend my sister-in-law's graduation ceremony. If you know me then you're probably wondering why I would do such a thing since I've already sworn to bribe my children with anything under the sun if it means we get out of attending a graduation ceremony....
However - this was unlike any graduation I've ever been to before. She graduated from the Woodbury School of Design and she is OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD-INCREDIBLE. I mean who has every issue of VOGUE as their light bathroom reading material? Her talent is in the category of surreal and we all sit in awe of what she is/has been able to accomplish.
For their senior project they have to come up with 4 outfits that make up their "line". They had a little video montage on each senior/designer where the student described their inspiration - I totally understood Rachel's vision and felt that she truly captured what inspired her - that is where the talent lies. (I only say this because do not be fooled - not every senior/designer was able to "nail" their vision like she did. There was one that was similar to a Project Runway disaster in which the model(s) wearing the "automobile inspired" outfits were barely containing their laughter - and in one case I think she mistook the Bugatti for an egg - so please understand that I am in no way biased here - just pointing out true brilliance :)

Before we made it to the Biltmore Hotel in downtown L.A. we had a stroll around a mall where Tia decided to have her make-up done. She refused to listen to her older (& wiser sister)...

...But when I asked her to pose next to her "homegirls" with her new Jerseylicious face she grudgingly obliged and then pulled me into Sephora to clean her face and give her the simple "dewey" spring look she wanted...with readily available samples :)


We then made it downtown and realized we were soooo waayyy out of our league. And fearing that if Tia and I stuck together we would be mistaken for Ellen & her lover...Tia wouldn't walk next to me...
Seriously...how could we resist???
I then snuck backstage - just walked right back acting like I knew what I was doing...and started snapping picture of the crazy chaos.
Here are Rachel's clothes for her final project...


Except for this one...she worked on the final dress right up until the last minute...and it was fabulous!

Then I went and ate...


This was one of her projects for the "Apocalyptic" theme...totally radical.
Her design label

Her collection (which was inspired by dancers dressed in red & blue). As a side note - the students have to purchase all their own material etc... She did an excellent job at designing articles that would work well with "inexpensive" :) materials. And now for her dress (that she just finished sewing :)







And here she is...our very own little designer...

I LOVED Shooting this!!


They get one final walk with their most "fave" project...

Afterwards - Tia (and I) couldn't resist...I love that Tia has no fear to work a runway with her tiny 5'3'' frame.
Then it was on to the "GRAD PAD". My brother is in his first year of Law School. I wanted to take a picture of their form of entertainment...my children won't even know what this is...
BUT I'm happy to say that they do know who this is...
He shaved and cut his hair - not so scary anymore - and I'm not referring to the cat.
That concluded my whirlwind weekend of flight to Salt Lake, Warrior Dash and a less than 23hr. turnaround to L.A. and back.

6 comments:

Tia said...

Oh that was so great. Perfect weekend I love that we have such a cool sister n law!

Wade said...

Great post. One of your best.

David said...

fantastic post. Thanks! It means I didn't have to go.

The McEnaney's said...

How fantastic! Looked amazing!

cookie said...

I am officially jealous of ANOTHER Noble girls' trip! Everyone looks amazing and Rachel is fierce ;) P.S. Megan, please stop tempting me to go back to the pixie.

Sheri N. said...

Wow! Rachel is talented. Kinda knew that, but its amazing to see her final stuff. Thanks!