Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Passion IN Action

There are few things that can motivate me to "action".  Not the exercise action but the call up your politician/school board member/civic representative action.  Although ironically  it is "exercise/action" that caused this motivation/action.  Have I got you all twisted around?  Stick with me...
I have a workout buddy-not just any workout buddy, but a 4:55am workout buddy.  Her name is Mrs. Patterson.  Why the "Mrs?" because she's a teacher.  A teacher whom I discovered taught at my kids school.  I discovered this at 5:05am on a cool summers morning - rowing right along next to her.  Since that first introduction we have sweated profusely together and will continue to do so since neither one of us would ever dream of crying "uncle!"
One early morning when it was still dark out and everyone was tucked safely in their beddie-byes, I said to Mrs. Patterson, "you know what really gets me riled up?" (she just looked at me 'cause we were sweating hard and stuff) "the fact that the kids have P.E. only one time/week and my 5th graders' time slot is Friday at 2:00pm."  I told her that it was simmering right below the surface and I was contemplating finding grant money to fund more athletics for the kids at our school.  Of course I was thinking of finding someone else to write the grant :) but get riled up enough to be really passionate in my convincing speech.  "Well," says Mrs. Patterson, "I've been doing some reading and I'm thinking about approaching the principal and getting some kind of club started for kids.  In fact, I already have my kids doing exercises in the classroom and burpees if they leave stuff on their desks!" (she was riled up already too - hence the exclamation point :)  Mrs. Patterson and I get along really well - I hope that I can be like her - ever constant in the pursuit of exercise.

Needless to say, Mrs. Patterson went home and wrote up her letter of intent, complete with all sorts of scientific studies that you can find here, and submitted it.  I told her I happened to know a great kids instructor - who would be just thrilled to donate her time and energy and get up extra extra early to haul all of her kids to school 45 minutes before the bell rang...(thank you Coach Sheri - you rock!)

And the rest is history. 
(Oh and the small fact that the club maxed out their 25 slots within 30 minutes of the first day - apparently there are others who share the passion.)
(faces have been blurred to protect the innocent.)


Ok so they aren't perfect squats...but they sure look cute!





No comments: