Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day.

Is over :)

I wish I could solve the riddle..."why do all mothers (with children IN their home) dread mothers day?"

I had to use "in" their home because my mom finally told me last night that her day was just fine...she has actually passed the threshold of painful mothers days...into peaceful ones. I usually win the title of "most unfortunate mothers day" but this year we survived it pretty good. (AND I think my sister is claiming the title for herself). Matt took ALL 3 kids to the Dbacks game in Phoenix Saturday afternoon which was wonderful. I had a girls night out (more on that later) and then took the boys to church while laina stayed home sick with Matt. That wasn't pleasant, and neither was fixing breakfast for myself and the kids, but we'll just gloss over that. I came home and made a quick lunch, for myself, and then went and laid down on my bed....door unlocked. Later I had to move to another room with the door "locked", but it was still a pretty good day :) My friend Darla was unselfish enough to actually cook on Mothers Day and invited us over for a lovely dinner. So...all in all...not a bad day. Matt even took the kids to get me a nice thin robe to wear around the house.

Last week I asked the kids and spouse to do ONE huge favor for me. I really wanted a pregnancy picture with all my kids. I tried to simplify it as much as possible. My oldest one has been struggling a bit lately and he was the one whose head had to be photoshopped in EVERY single image. After the session I was a little bit angry (okay - I banned him from taking family photographs with us for the next year) and then when I went to proof the images I was even madder. Ugh...sigh...take a deep breath and walk away. This is what I tell clients who have tricky kids during the session...just walk away and it will all work out. A little bit of time heals all images in my opinion :) and if it doesn't....Photoshop will.



Here is how we started off...I couldn't see Indy...which is a good thing or he probably would've been bopped...not recommended for good famiy pictures.







I need to remember this one--frame it and put if by my bed...he didn't have to be photoshopped :)


I love this one...probably a bit to artistic for my mother, but its a favorite :)

AND not wanting to be left out...we'll include the alien 3D image of the unborn child :) The kids (and I) think its WAY weird!




Now...moving on...I'd like to give a big shout-out to Courtland who is headed over to the Cannes Film Festival this week...look for him walking behind Robert Pattinson :) He just finished the press junket for Terminator and is jet-setting it over to France, as soon as his last final is finished. Rumor has it, his boss hinted that a haircut and shave might be nice...SO just in case he forgot...here's a little something to get you pointed in the right direction:





AND with that image I've officially trumped all other siblings in my family for best mothers day present :) I GAVE her a clean-shaven son :) HA!

7 comments:

Sabra said...

I love every single image of your and your kids. Each one offers something special and unique to your babies. I love 'em all!

Tia said...

these are beautiful honestly totally different look to them love them!and yes i did win, even though yours didn't sound that great either. I won't even tell you what my husband said to me as i am crying in my bedroom

Cristin said...

Oh wow. That first picture of Indy had me laughing. Nice pictures.

I think they problem with Mothers Day, or at least MY mother's day, is that I expect things. When I expect things, it's not good, so it's best to be pleasantly surprised when nice things happen.

Laura said...

So...Tim Frost sarcasticly in his talk on Sunday asked this question "Who Doesn't Love Their Mother?" That would be when my daughter stood on the pew and raised her hand HIGH in the air for everyone to see!!! Awwwww Mothers day!!!
Love the pics with your kiddos!!

TCallihan said...

First off you a definitely the most beautiful pregnant mom EVER!
Second...my kids except Chaiya were absolutely horrid and the missionaries came over to use our phone to call their moms and pretty much they were horrid too! Except I am pretty sure nobody licked anyone. Indy is great!

Nic said...

Finally! Some pregnant pictures that don't creep me out- no bare bellies and sticky-out-belly-buttons. YOu and your children look absolutely beautiful. I love the "look." I don't ever want to hear you say you don't look beautiful pregnant!

cookie said...

Oh, Megan, such great material you have! If I would have read this post this morning, it would have made my day...but since it's night-time I guess making a few hours is going to have to do. Love ALL the belly pics with the kids. I think my favorite is the first one :)