Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Surprise! You're 60.

You don't just wake up one day and think WOW! I'm 60.

NO - you have many years stacked up of sweat and hard work. Many many sleepless nights (sorry sleepless nights are kinda the thing of the moment around here)..and IF you're lucky ('cause that's all parenting is right? LUCK?) you have kids that love you and will throw you a SURPRISE birthday party.

I wish I could say that we were planning this for a long time - but that's not how we roll around here.

When I realized that my mom and dad were coming up to watch Indy's soccer game the day AFTER her 60th birthday (my goal is to use the numbers 60 as much as possible- I even have a picture with "60" in it:) I couldn't resist trying to grab as many siblings as possible and to form a plan with my dad (he's a really really really really good planner). So we grabbed some Brown Bag Burgers (the best on the face of the earth!) and surprised Gma Kathy. Of course it took awhile for the birthday girl to arrive and the kids were going crazy....so we colored pictures for Gma and practiced hiding and threw fat babies in the air.








(Remember the really really really good planner? He's planning for the day after Christmas here...)


Those are genuine smiles...it just doesn't get any better than that.

Happy 60th Birthday mom - we love you!

7 comments:

Tia said...

what no pictures of my awesome centerpiece i saw you got pictures of your awesome cake ha ha

cookie said...

the beautiful matriarch :) You're right Megan, those are amazing smiles!

Cristin said...

I LOVE your mom's haircut.

Linsey F said...

Oh I LOVE Kathy...she's the best!

brooke said...

Oh happy belated birthday to Kathy, how fun!

rabidrunner said...

I wish we lived closer! (Not that you'd invite us to your family party, but your mom left a special something in one of the chambers of my heart!)

Sheri N. said...

Sad we missed it.