Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Boston, MA - Food & Nutrition Conference

Matt and I traveled back to Boston the other week so that I could attend the Food and Nutrition Conference & Expo. My continuing education credits are due this May and I have "0" (zero) - so this is the best way to rack up a whole bunch of credits. You see - I used to have another "life". One filled with menu planning & analysis, and kitchen inspections, school lunch reviews, height/weight analysis etc... My life as a registered dietitian went further and further back on the burner with each child that was born. I still love it and when I was at the conference I kept thinking "I have the coolest field of study EVER!" (and then I took lots of pictures :) So although family and fotos have moved to the front lines, I still love to learn about all the new advancements in the field of nutrition and food science.
Before we make it to the conference let's start with the fun stuff:
The leaves. There were still some left in November - and they were beautiful.

The freedom trail was wonderful. We walked and walked and walked and took lots of pictures. I plan on doing a little slide show for Indy with the walking guide pamphlet I brought home.

This door - awesome.

Before I went out there I remember someone remarking on the graveyards - and how cool they were. I thought this a bit odd...until I saw them. So cool.
Paul Revere was buried here along with Ben Franklin's parents. They place copper pennies on Revere's tomb because he was a copper smith (we were a bit confused about this at first :)
Matt had to stop to find the number to order the Obama Care Health Flowchart.
My dear humored me with some pictures.
Did you know that back in the day you could purchase your own little cubicle at church?? Seriously imagine the possibilities here!
See mom - I went to Harvard. You should be so proud.When the plane landed we went to the hotel and dropped our stuff off and hopped in a cab and went straight to the legendary Pizzaria Regina's. Where they "serve pizza". (Matt asked the crotchety ol' waitress if he could get some wings and she replied "what we serve is pizza".) We rented a car and were able to fulfill Matt's dream of driving up to Maine....in the dark :) (it gets dark at 4:30!!)

Made it to the Barking Crab - a totally fun joint - and had a lobster roll.

My MOST favorite part of the whole trip? The crossfit box that we were able to work out in :)
I swear I'm not standing on anything and that after struggling I was able to get my chin above the bar. One. Time.



Instead of playing "slug-bug" we played "Dunkin' Donuts". There's one on every corner.


I opted to wait for Mike's Pastries...legendary. The pistachio cannoli (ewww on the chocolate). Unfortunately there's no picture of me eating it because I wolfed it down in a dark cab :) You may think that donuts and cannoli's don't fit in the same post as a dietetic conference - moderation in all things ;)
Oh that's right! I went to Boston for a conference. Proof that I did attend some sessions.

HOLY CONFERENCE EXPO!! They literally shove samples in your bag(s).
And make you take pictures to win things (like the green chair...which I didn't win, but was willing to pose for the dumb picture 'cause the chair was so cool).
No contest here...but how could you pass up a photo op with the laughing cow??
All the cliff bars and luna bars and soyjoy bars and steel-cut oats and nuts etc...that you could ever imagine! I was in heaven and brought enough snacks back for the kids for the whole week. But the best thing was the body scan that I did and then went and brought Matt back so that he could do his...and guess what?? I BEAT HIM! HA!!

All in all it was a splendid trip and I was in heaven hanging out with Matt and having a few quiet treasured moments together. Thank you to Tia, Sheri, Lisa & Kris for holding down the fort! (I told Tia before I boarded the plane - which I was sure was going to crash - that this blog is my most treasured possession for my children and she would be responsible for finishing the books for them...just needed to put it in writing).

11 comments:

The McEnaney's said...

What great Fall pics!

Cristin said...

So funny to see all your pictures since I was just there too! You look great, by the way. Maybe I should start doing Crossfit after this baby is born. Seriously, you look great.

Laura said...

So awesome! Your pictures in the leaves are fantastic and that door....AWESOME! Also IF I could indeed purchase my OWN cubicle I may consider having more children....

megan said...

Yay for fall leaf pictures! Cristin - excuses excuses...as if being pregnant should keep you from doing pull-ups??! :) he..he..

Laura - after sacrament meeting today I don't think I'll return until cubicle's have been built in. It was that bad.

Tia said...

by the way your hair while at the conference awesome!! Love the pics

Sheri N. said...

You and Matt look great...young, I would say. Its a wonder what no kids will do. Im glad you had such a good time.

dustin and amy said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVED all the pictures! I wish we had fall like that here. You and Matt are so cute! You guys laying in the leaves is my fav. And...Your own cubicle at church what a dream...why don't we have that????

Chredna said...

Awesome pics! I don't know know what cross fit is but I must find out. My life's goal is to do one pull up! Also, I didn't know you were a registered dietician. I'm desperate for Information. My 4 year old was just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and I'm interested in a good cookbook for just a meal plan. The dietician I spoke with here told me very little. And yes, cubicles at church would be awesome.

Cristin said...

By the way, there is actually a video on the Crossfit site of a pregnant lady doing pull-ups and lifting weights. I hate it.

Wendy said...

Megan. Could you be any more adorable?

Ray G said...

Wow. Those pictures are so awesome. They speak volumes to me. I love the shallow Depth of field. Love the colors. You guys are awesome.....