Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Year 2013

We saw a double rainbow on our drive home the other day and made up a spur of the moment rhyme:
"Double rainbow - what does it mean?  Good times ahead in 2013!"
(we are really very easy to entertain...very easy).
I know some don't get into the New Years Resolutions, but I can't help myself.  After mucking out closets and cleaning cupboards - you know that post-holiday "ughh" you have to banish by mucking mucking mucking? - I feel the need to commemorate the occasion with some sort of positive outlook for at least the next few weeks.  

This year's resolutions came quite easy:
*Read 2 classic novels
(I've started Great Expectations because 1) it was free and 2) I heard a reporter interviewing an author who just finished a biography on Dickens and I found the interview fascinating.  Dickens had 10 kids and then kicked his wife out of the house...hmmm I may have to pick up the biography next.)

As a family I gave us 3 resolutions (yes - you can do that when you're the mother...you simply say 'this is our resolution' and then everyone nods their heads.)

1.  Memorize 2 poems (so we started one last year...we're going to pick up where we left off and count that as one.)
2.  Memorize 2 scriptures
3.  Pick a random service project from the newspaper.  (This one came to me on Sunday while thumbing through the paper - there is a whole section dedicated to "service" projects.  The kids voted on "Operation Gratitude" that sends care packages to US Service members deployed in combat.  I wanted us to pick the knitting/crocheting blankets for the shelters but nobody - especially the boys - seemed too keen on that one.  I could just picture my boys crocheting away...

And with that we set off with high hopes for 2013.

No comments: