Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2009 - Year of the MOTHER

So I set one goal last year...to do a pull-up. And although I went to the gym regularly I think I gave up knowing I would be gaining about 30 pounds (lets cross our fingers that its only 30 pounds) over the upcoming 9 months. End result - no pull-up...

Fast forward to this year. One goal. Expand on mothering.

That might seem odd, but while I am a "stay at home" mom...I really struggle in doing fun things at home with my kids. Laina will ask me to color with her and I'll say something clever like "oh but you do it so well...why don't you go and color me a picture"...instead of saying "sure...what would you like us to color?".

"No" is usually the first thing out of my mouth...sometimes before they even finish asking the question. We do fun things, but I'm not a very crafty person and my goal is to do ONE craft/play-type thing a month. (must start out slow now...) I've already done mine for this month (played card games for almost 2 hours...impressive...I know), and since it is early...maybe I'll have time to squeeze in another...who knows...this is the year of the "Mother".
Oh and it will turn into the mother of FOUR in.....(anticipation building? can't possible guess?? when will the new arrival be here????) how does June sound? We couldn't go and leave this one all by its lonesome in some other month...so it will be joining the other three...its actually due on Indy's birthday :)

13 comments:

The Melo's said...

Paul and I were wondering if there was some sort of method to your madness, why you have all your babies in June?

Cristin said...

Wow, Megan, 4 kids. This isn't a contest you know...

Congratulations. I'm excited for you.

megan said...

Kate -
Its now just funny...you have to have a warped sense of humor though ;)

Cristin -
Just running the last leg of one marathon...ready to begin a different trek and burn the maternity clothes.

cookie said...

did you count that trip we took to the park? you could be set til march!

year of the mother. much better sounding than the year of the rat for sure :)

AudyCamp said...

Ok for some reason I'm not surprised. A while back you said something in a post that made me think..Hmmm....I wonder.? I can't remember what it was though. CONGRATS! That's exciting! & How the heck did you hide it this long!? You're not that far behind me.We find out tomorrow whether boy or girl!
Oh & I think your post title should be rather...Mother of the Year instead of the other way around! You're great Megan:)

brooke said...

I didn't realize all of your kids will be in the same month. You blew my reason for telling Aaron we had to wait (they can't all be born in the same month!). He made sure to point this out to me as soon as he saw this post. You know, if Megan does it, it must be ok.

megan said...

Its a hidden secret :) that David, Tia and I are all born in the month of July. It works...my mom scheduled birthday gifts with back to school shopping trips to san diego :)
We hang up huge birthday banner for June and just keep the candles in stock. I figure when the kids are older we're taking a nice vacation somewhere and letting them pick something from the gas station!

Linsey F said...

You are hilarious! I am so glad you are back to posting. Too bad I didn't get to see you when you were in town. Congrats on the baby. I want to burn my maternity clothes too, but for some reason my hubby doesn't think 2 kids is enough. I'll let him have the next one and then see what he says.

Brenda said...

Hi Megan!
Congratulations to your family, that is great! We are happy for you! I'm trying to spend more time with my kids in that area also! Last night, Brianna and I played a matching game that she LOVES! I didn't make two hours, I'm impressed! I love all of your beautiful photography! What a talent! I remember the cowboy photos you took of your oldest boy! Do you remember? You have a cute family! Best of luck to you, June will be FUN! We have a family blog, we are private, so I need your email address, if you want to view! Congratulations, Love, Brenda and family
bhalls1003@aol.com

KIMBERLIN 6 said...

Congrats! I knew we would be hearing it soon. I know my Addison pushed you over the edge!!J/K so excited for you.

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...

Hey, June is a great month for a birthday! (mine is the 29th) and at least you don't have to show up with cupcakes to 4 different classes! It just means a great slip and slide down the driveway. I mean, that's probably not the greatest idea...

Amy said...

Well, this is wonderful!!! I have noticed the same things in myself, so have pledged to be a better mommy. Congrats!

xoxo