Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Monthly Computer Back-up Reminder.

Stop what you're doing. Put down the Halloween candy (you should've thrown in the garbage when your kids were sleeping :). BACK UP YOUR HARDDRIVE - NOW. It's so easy and simple to do and will save you from many tears. Mom- I know you are asking "what is she talking about...how on earth do you back up your harddrive". Simple. Get an external harddrive and copy the files. There are more advanced programs that will do this for you every day, but whatever route you choose just do it...now.
This is coming from someone who has been forced to walk around with her external harddrive for almost 2 months!!! I just plug it in wherever I go...its my little security blanket.
Why are you still reading??? Go. Back up. Now. :)

4 comments:

A said...

Thank You! I have been telling my family this for years! But of course I do this for a living - kind of. I manage all the data for a company (backups, live data, growth, etc. This is where I applaud you for your use of an external hard drive! Simply the best way to do it. I do recommend using something to automate it for you. Depends on what type of computer you use and your Operating System. For Windows I recommend GFI backup because its free and works pretty good. For Linux I recommend a scripted cron job. For any other OS or type of computer your on your own.

rabidrunner said...

Awesome. Thank you. I'm sorry many tears had to be shed for your public services.

brooke said...

So true. I need to do this. I had a friend lose her son's entire first year of life in pictures. They didn't have ONE picture and they couldn't be recovered. I don't delete my memory cards but I should back up everything anyway.

Tia said...

ha just did it