Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Best Oatmeal Ever.

So it's freezing rain outside and we're well into the month of March....however, I have to say that I was excited for the lame weather so that I could try out this delicious oatmeal. Everyone knows that you have to have crappy weather to eat oatmeal (or maybe that's what kids growing up in Yuma are taught to believe - we begged for rain - there's just something seriously wrong with eating oatmeal and drinking hot chocolate when you have to leave the door open so you can hope for a little "chill" in the morning)

Anyway...loved this oatmeal.
serves 6

2 egg, beaten
3-1/2 cups milk
*1 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups rolled oats
*1/4 cup butter

Mix everything but the butter in a pot over medium heat and cook till thick. Some reviewers said they used only 1/2 c. brown sugar and 2T butter and it was good...so being the killjoy that I am...I reduced to those amounts and threw in a whole chopped apple...delicious and the kids ate it...Finally a way to tackle those food storage oats without having to swim in cookies (not that my husband would mind...he's getting oatmeal scotchies for his birthday ;)

4 comments:

Cristin said...

How fitting. We woke up to buckets of snow this morning (the roads were closed so Erik couldn't get to work, HA!), and had oatmeal and hot chocolate. It was delicious. I need to try your recipe now.

Katie said...

Ooh! THanks for the recipe. I made cinnamon rolls today- I still cant get passed the totally sticky dough phase and have such a hard time rolling it out. But they taste great and my kids love me for it. So, thank you, thank you for teaching me. Maybe I just need more practice with the dough.

Chens Do China said...

Yeah, something I can try. This is the first recipe that I can buy all of the ingrdients for without going broke at the 'international grocery store.'

Katie said...

So do you just throw the butter in last?