Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday is here...but I like Thursdays better.

Don't get me wrong...Friday's are nice...but they usually have craziness attached to them (I'm taking Matt to Dave & Busters tonight - should be fun...and crazy :)


I decided yesterday...that Thursdays are my favorite day. I feel like its the first day during the week that I actually get to take a breath. Now this Thursday was good - but the little 'El is still suffering from double ear infections that could care less if antibiotics were being thrown at them or not...they are determined to stay. This equals about a month solid of "newborn" nights (i.e. 2 feedings) but they also come with NO naps during the day...and NO happy baby or fun playtime on the floor...she's back to being strapped to me in order to get dinner done and the house picked up...I was about to text my pediactrician - what you can't text yours?? :) when I decided to give it one more morning and - SHE slept for a whole hour and a half - and I made it through half of this post.


BOWLING


Last month Indy & Laina's school classes (weird that it worked out that way, but apparently there are sisters in the classes who have a go-getter mom) went to the bowling alley. They had a good time. Matt and I also had to bowl last week for Big Brothers Big Sisters - no pictures of that...thankfully.







It's PINEWOOD DERBY time! (Alternate title: How to Guide: For really SLOW dysfunctional cars)







I asked them for a thumbs up...they thought they were soooo funny...
Shown here - Matt even tried running the poor thing backwards...



I can't tell you how glad I am that this is over. This was our first pinewood derby and Matt and Indy (and his mom on the sidelines :) learned a lot. They started 3 weeks before the race...sketching...dremmeling...and painting...that's where the wheels (figuratively speaking) came off...then sanding and painting...sanding and painting...then a last minute decision to spray lacquer on enamel was the car's ultimate downfall. After that the super glue on the axle and overstuffed graphite in the wheels brought the car to a screeching halt. But Indy was a good sport...even though he lost EVERY SINGLE RACE. That's right INDY was 0-4. Matt exclaimed "how can you have a kid named Indy (&McLaren) and go 0 for 4 at the pinewood derby????!!!" Oh well...next year I'm sure that they will start a month earlier and really work on the mechanics -yeah...its the mechanics they need to focus on!


Ella - 8(.5) months old & THE WORLD'S BEST BABYSITTER:
*Not crawling :)
*Eats like she may never see food again
*Suffering from lack of sleep due to lame ear infections
*Waved one (1) time.
*Will sit and eat at the table for an hour (the best babysitter in the world! A highchair and a leftover pizza crust :)


3 comments:

dustin and amy said...

That little Ella is adorable! I love that she's eating pizza crust!

Wendy said...

Where did you get that chair? I used to have one (back in the day) and loved it! I can't find one anywhere and need one for the grandbabies! Please tell me, where did you find it?

Lynda Holdsworth said...

How blessed you are to have children who actually LIKE to eat!