Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Emotional Reading

Last night - around 9:30pm, I had the task of trying to calm a distraught (that's an understatement - better described as a hysterically sobbing and heaving) almost 9 year old boy. The reason?

I had warned him not to try to finish it...he disobeyed and, tho exhausted, charged through to the end. Then, he came and found me (at the computer :), and he was sobbing. I took him back to his room and it was almost a good 15 minutes later - after much back rubbing and "shooshing" that I finally said goodnight and he was able to go to sleep. Dang books.

6 comments:

Tia said...

we watched the movie before we read the book - dang movies we look over and carter is crying. Tim's favorite book and movie - oh wait thats man from snowy river

Sabra said...

I remember my tears over the same book at ten years old. Life changing.

kristin said...

My dad used to read that book to his 4th graders every year. He says that every year the kids would be in tears. It was the only book he never got tired of reading year after year for 20+ years.

amanda kayy said...

That's why I don't read books--- i do believe that Ashlee was excused from class when they finished Bridge to Terabithia- don't let Indy read it!! :)

Dawn said...

poor kid! I remember that one! Don't let him read Old Yeller!

Chy said...

Reminds me of when I first cried over a book. It was the Giver. It is one of my favorites now:)