Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summer Kickoff!

Items addressed:
• End of school
• Forced Date night w/ Matt
• End of baseball *minors*
• Memorial Day awesomeness
• Summer survival
Enjoyment
Please note how organized I am...this is how I plan on surviving enjoying the summer - yes it may only last for 3 days, but we're keeping a positive pro-active attitude here...had I written this yesterday (the first day of summer Vay-Kay) you would've seen the wheels come off of this squeaky - un-oiled machine! So I chose to crawl into my bed and wait for the sun to shine today! And we are oiled and ready for take-off!

The kids had a wonderful end of year party. Indy had a wonderful teacher - life-changing - and he would come home with the most hilarious stories....I didn't believe half of them, but when I would ask Mr. Goldsmith at school, he would confirm the truth of the stories. At the end of the year carnival...Mr. Goldsmith had the privilege of sitting in the dunk tank. Indy waited patiently in line and when it was his turn he picked the ball up - and in one swift movement sent his teacher plunging into the icy waters!! it was so beyond awesome! Then he just walked off. (How anti climatic was that? No obnoxious tigging - no awesome dunk dance...Indy just beamed the target and left.) Mr. Goldsmith didn't even know who dunked him - it happened so fast. We loved it though and hooted and hollered on behalf of our shy son.
Laina said goodbye to her friend Avery and her favorite teacher Miss. Brimhall - there will never be another so stylish :)

The week before (yes that's how behind I am) I pulled a "Debbie from the Adam's Family" (Malibu barbie anyone?) and forced my husband to take me to one of the kajillion Dbacks game he was headed to that month - seriously..."what about my needs? don't I deserve to be loved?" I even packed us dinner to eat on the way down. We were headed to fulfill one of Matt's dreams - to see Tim Lincecum pitch (Cy Young winner 2 years in a row - plays for SanFran). I did the best I could with my little 50mm lens and got his windup and pitch :) I also asked the nice little grannies behind us if they would snap a picture for us...when the camera wasn't even pointed in our direction I knew we were in trouble! So I spent the rest of the game taking random pictures of us which caused us to laugh our heads off (baseball games are long :)

Indy finished out the season and was able to pitch at the very end of the game...My mom and dad came up to see him and we sat and ate some Brown Bag and watched his final game in all his glory. (I had to add a little color to Special K - the drive up took it out of her.) Good thing there was this beautiful blue sign to snap some pictures in front of!!

Memorial weekend was spent in the pool. To be more specific, in Phoenix, at the Wigwam, in the pool. Matt and I had a solid 6 hours (this is huge for us) that we played with our kids in the pool. Can someone give me some big time points here?? We then played tag on the grass in front of the little casita. It was wonderful and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

As for today - I'd like to point out the positive things that occurred. I took the kids to the library and got Indy and Laina library cards and signed them up for the summer reading program. We came home and they read for 30 minutes and then did some random school worksheets that I pulled out of the pile of papers floating around my office. (Matt is hardcore when it comes to summer and vegging out - he read some book about kids losing information over the long summer break so we decided one worksheet/or written paragraph per day and reading.) They did their housework and then watched a movie. We went to the park for 2 hours and then to the pool for 2 hours. It was wonderful.
(Now for the negatives :) I sat on the computer and shopped for the dreaded bathing suit :) and blogged. I haven't unpack the bags from the weekend yet and I haven't started any laundry. I'll shoot for those tomorrow - who needs clothes? Its summertime - 9pm and I'm still in my swimsuit :)












1 comment:

Tia said...

cause you need another bathing suit??

We just got our library cards last week too! Carter's already lost his - don't know about the school worksheets but we are going to read every night and Eiley wants to do school work so I guess i'll do some with her.