Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

the SEVEN -7- things I love about you!

Brief side note - although I was ready to take on summer in my super-mega(n) take on force...it never ceases to amaze me how quickly we forget that summer = MOM 24-7...no breathing...no rest...you are ON...ALL THE TIME!! wowza...

I realized that if I didn't get these 2 birthdays posted, I'd quickly be swamped by another 2...which led me to think about next year (seeing as how I'm the crazy planner lady...and thought I had it all planned out when I told my kids BIG BIRTHDAY PARTIES on 5, 10, and 15...I just realized that next year I'll have a 5, 8 (baptism :) and a 10...ouch!! - I was super grateful for the easy birthdays this year.)

Sweet Laina Dee.

7 years old.

Birthdays apparently start at 5:45am around here. Presents were opened at 6:15am...so please forgive the apparel and lovely hair-do. When its your birthday, anything you say goes! I try to make the kids feel as absolutely special as possible (which translates in my book to what would you like for breakfast, lunch & dinner!)

Laina wanted to craft (oh boy...so not in my area of expertise..) luckily she received a candy jewelry making station from a friend that helped me out. Then we made her cake together (as little Indy watched from behind - its hard to be the last birthday :( and I stumbled upon Duff's coloring gels...and holy cow can those gels tint - Indy had to scrub his face for 5 minutes and Laina reminded me of Fiona from Shrek. I had grand visions of a beautiful flower cake...Laina did not = she wanted sparkles and gel and sprinkles and color. It was her birthday. Its also the stage of life when its a birthday treat to be able to make your OWN cake!! She also wanted to sit on the saddle at Texas Roadhouse. The best birthday gift was when her Gma Kathy showed up at the front door (greeted by an unimpressed McLaren) and surprised everyone (we like surprises here!)

We all chimed in for our SEVEN THINGS WE LOVE ABOUT LAINA: (don't you think Miley would find us so clever??)

1. She sings to us (whether her brothers want her to or not)

2. She has the worlds best freckles

3. She has the most infectious laugh

4. She WANTS to be good - so good

5. (we were all coming up with ideas when Laina offered one...) I'm sweet! (not sure if it counts...be she is...)

6. She gets her little sister out of bed and plays with her in the morning

7. Loves to hear bedtime stories (I'm starting to get really good although the thought of "googling" some good ones has crossed my mind!)

Happy 7th Sweet Feedle-Dee!

























To answer a few questions...
*Yes some images are out of focus...it happens...did I mention that we started the day at 5:45am?
*Yes, she slept in her swim shirt
*Yes the pictures are out of order...I'm too tired to go and reorganize
*Yes she changes clothes a lot
*Yes...Ella sat and ate sand in the sandbox, while we sang to laina and ate cake and ice cream - and yes she found a dirty sock and a plastic spoon to play with
*She was reading one of her brothers "CLEAN YOUR ROOM" cards which they were heavily coerced by their mother to craft for her
*Yes, Matt's laugh and smile are contagious...

5 comments:

Tia said...

oh you read my mind thank you for answering all those questions. Good thing you have a good camera it makes even not so pretty things look good like that cake you made:)

Tia said...

oh maybe laina made that cake - it's very cute then!

Leah said...

Hey! I love how Indy is looking in Laina's candy jewelry maker. that is funny. Man that must have been one heck of a day!!!!

Mollie Photo said...

laina is the coolest! happy 7th B-Day!!!

kristin said...

Grant and I were driving around on Sunday and remembered it was the Month Of Birthdays in your house. And then we remembered it was Mac's birthday that day. Birthday wishes to everyone from those of us too far away to partake in the fun. :)