Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Gone.

A week of GONE.

Matt left us for the wilds of un-Alaska - Dutch Harbor. 7 days. No phone service. Very hard.

My dear sweet grandfather Hansen is GONE as of Sunday evening. I will be GONE this weekend to attend his funeral.

(I had to leave to a Dr. appt for Mac - now I'm back)

I was going to write that MacDoodle's cast is GONE, but apparently he has a reputation that somehow reached the orthopedic surgeon - who, after hearing from another doctor about his rascal ways, suggested that we put on a "protective" smaller cast for an additional 2 weeks. It was either that or keep him from falling, running, jumping, wrestling - basically any moving to ensure that we don't re-break the healed arm. I went for the cast. So at least the black bionic ninja arm is GONE and has been replaced with a tiny HULK green cast. Images to come when the insanity of life slows down.

Ella's infancy - GONE. The past week has been full of astonished gasps whenever Ella opens her mouth to yell, talk command, demand etc. She thinks she rules this house and as she walks around (crawling is officially GONE) with her gut hanging out (because with Matt GONE - so are the good and properly clothed children :) barking out gibberish - we think we might just listen to her 'cause she's so stinkin hilarious!

7 comments:

Cristin said...

I'm sorry about your Grandpa. That's sad.

Okay, Unalaska. My Aunt Becky (Booka) literally threw a dart at a map many years ago and ended up moving there. She lived on a houseboat there for years. So weird that Matt is there now. She always made it sound like it was the furthest you could get from civilization.

megan said...

Yes. I remember Booka and her UnAlaska fancy...Matt's dad is obsessed with the fishing there and he and his brother trudge along (un)willingly :) He always comes home with really great stories :) and he grew a beard this time!

Rabid said...

Sorry about your Grandfather. Losing grandfathers is rough. Weird how much we rely on phones these days, yes? Remember the olden days when you'd schedule phone calls in advance?

megan said...

The un-anticipated phone call this morning was so nice. I don't think I took a breath for five minutes as I rattled on and on and on about life. Then he told me that the other 2 were standing around waiting for him so he had to go 'cause there were fish out there that they were missin!

cookie said...

I'll be thinking about you this weekend my dear. Love and kisses to your family.

brooke said...

Oh my gosh, will Matt be back by this weekend? What will you do with your kids? We'll see you this weekend, we're packing up the kids and making it a fun family road trip (like we haven't done that already this year 3 times!)

megan said...

No Matt :( As I drive to Utah he will pass us flying home in the air. I have a wonderful babysitter who will hold the fort down till he gets home Saturday afternoon.