Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Indy - 4th Grade.

Any mother of boys will understand why I feel that this is noteworthy.
Indy was nominated by his teacher to receive the monthly "Character Counts" Award at his school (Laina received one last year - on pajama day :) I think his teacher has a crush on him. This is great with me - she has nothing but wonderful things to say about him (I will insert them here before I publish my book for the year - don't want anyone gagging :). I asked her to email me what she had the principal read about him, so that I could tape it up to the wall by my computer - seriously. She looked at me and asked, "isn't he over-the-top incredible always??"

Blank stare by me.



It's okay that he ended the day locked in his room (WHAT?? don't your children's rooms lock from the OUTSIDE?? :) I eventually let him out - and we finished the day having a family display of "who could do the best push-ups" :)

We're very greatful for this kid. We love him so much and are happy that he's our INDYboy.

**To answer the inevitable questions - YES. I did know he would go onstage looking like that when he left the house that morning. We pick our battles around here.

Yes. The shirt is too big, but it was a gift from his father on his return from the Alaskan Frontier (more on that later). The back of it reads, "The beatings will continue until moral improves." And yes - he walked up on stage with his back facing everyone so they could read it.
That's how we roll around here...

3 comments:

Sabra said...

Response from a mother of boys (very wild boys), "I didn't even notice the shirt. I don't notice those types of things anymore. I'm just glad we've made it to school at all. What they are wearing is the least of my worries." Proof: My son wore his sister's hoodie for picture day last year. He was a size four. The jacket was a size seven. Oh, and did I mention it was powder blue with very feminine stripes down the arms?

Congrats to you on Indy's award!

Tia said...

thank you for answering my question i was totally thinking wow he looks a little disheveled - like i should talk! but i was wondering that

Cristin said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one with locks on her kids' doors.