Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Survived....barely

Now that I've officially caught up on all my blog-reading...I guess I'd better get to my blog-posting. Let's get McLaren's 2nd Birthday post out of the way first (since that's what we kinda did with his 2nd birthday--got it out of the way for Laina's big 5th birthday...he was even nice enough to trade days with her! :)
I guess we could call this "party" a surprise party 'cause the friends that were over eating dinner with us were all "surprsied" when I told them to start singing "Happy Birthday" to Mac! They thought they would just get normal dessert not birthday dessert :)
Note the fear of the candle...this is very important for the final image...

Nothing a little distraction via cupcake can't cure!

I'm not sure if you can tell but there are huge tears welled up in his eyes...that must've been some flame!

I wish I had pictures of him opening presents but Gma Kathy hadn't shown up yet!! :) (and I didn't wrap any, just put the new sandals on and let him play with the pool toys!) Happy 2nd Birthday Macky!!


"Little Girls...Little Girls...everywhere I eat, sleep and breathe them...."

One birthday down...one to go. We started out about an hour before the party began--waiting for the guests to arrive...(complete with song and dance of course!)

We've passed this cake for the past 7 months at the grocery store and we were finally able to get it!!
Note: our token male...I mean Prince.
Laina has been trained in the ways of her aunt Tia--she gave the proper amount of emotion for each gift she opened...my mother always said Tia was sooo much fun to give gifts to...WHATEVER!
Game?? Matt asked what games we were playing and I looked at him and said "Game? do we have to play a game? I thought they'd just open gifts and play with those!#%^?" So...I grabbed the box that the cake came in and found a stuffed poodle and came up with "Throw the Poodle in the Box" game!! It was a hit!
If you look closely on the image above-you can see Gma Kathy's grey hair tuft above the couch...she's being treated by her veternarian(s) with her 10 kids...
Princess food?? have some "Fairy Fruit Wands"!
Titled: "Look mom...I'm purple like my fairy!"
The brave girls who love makeup...and love to trash it too!!

Happy Birthday Laina!! I'm glad we only get to do this every 5 years!

6 comments:

Cristin said...

Nice. I love that McLaren is scared of the candle. We celebrated Luke's birthday last week, even though he isn't two till Monday, and he blew out the candles before we could finish singing happy birthday.

The Melo's said...

I am glad to see that you made it through! I can't wait to see wedding pictures. Is there anyway I can see them all or is that just a privelige that the bride and groom get?

megan said...

Cristin--the tears didn't show up...but they made me laugh! Kate--you'll get to see them..in about a month! (don't hold your breath...it takes awhile :)

Dawn said...

what a great party! (that skirt looks alot better on film than in person) All the girls look like they had so much fun. Where's Blake's skirt??

Cindy said...

Great birthday pictures! Now I understand your every five years rule!

Katie said...

Cute pictures. It must have been a lot of fun because Liberty says to me all the time- "I want a birthday party just like Laina's!"