Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Week in Review

I started this a few days ago (so I'm technically over a "week") - but messed it up with uploading an image from the internet so I gave up!
Last Sunday (Father's Day) we cruised in from a little getaway in Vegas. Matt tried out his new sport - GOLF and I made contact with the "MOTHER SHIP" (a.k.a. spa :) We planned on seeing the "O" show by Cirque de Soleil-however that night around 5pm when Matt went to pick up the tickets, they informed him that he had tickets for the show 2 weeks from then - woops!! (I usually handle the ticket purchasing...time to take back the reins). After some rearranging, he managed to sell the tickets back and then head over and have the conceirge get him 4 tickets to a sold out show. So we set off and as we ran in to the 10:30pm show our friend looked at the tickets and said "wait-these say 'wet seat'...are we going to get wet????!@#$" Needless to say---if you are ever offered front row seats, middle section to the "O" show at the last minute of a sold out show...think twice, bring a blanket or a towel or a poncho....we were a little disturbed that they DIDN'T provide any wet support for us--its not like they couldn't afford to with the price we paid for them to splash us!!! We felt similar to being in the front row at Sea World--but at least you get a poncho! However, the highlight of the night was when little Matty was summoned forth by one of the clowns to "dance". I will forever have the image burned in my mind...I saw the split second pass his face when he decided to not just suffer through and endure this moment in the spotlight, but EMBRACE it...and embrace he did with some mean ol' Holdsworth Groove moves!!! Everyone was laughing--I think he even surprised the clowns!

I was sad to have to leave Vegas (and my really plush room in the condos at MGM grand...highly recommended...its like a little piece of heaven in sin city). As we pulled in to Prescott the kids rushed out with their Fathers Day gifts. The jewel of them all was the handmade tie (images to post later).

We managed to survive the rest of the week thanks to a good bible camp--Laina was thrilled to be able to go to camp and its incredible the amount of things they come home with (it was her second bible camp in a row---the first one was $3/week this one was $15/week...priceless and hilarious!)

Friday night I drove down with a friend to meet my family in Tempe for dinner and some theater at Gammage. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed "My Fair Lady". About 15 minutes into the show I was laughing and thinking how much Matt would enjoy it--so Saturday, I went out and purchased the DVD and made my family watch it Sunday morning...they loved it. No one could get away in this day, with a main character saying what Henry Higgins says to Eliza...its got some serious shock factor in an edited sort of way.

That was it. My week in review...I left out little things like Mclaren's new talent of dumping, pouring, throwing anything. Or his "specialty du jour" SPITTING. This began about a month ago, when we decided to take him to a movie (bad idea). After about an hour he was done...so I took him to sit in the hallway so I could still watch the show and he could play. Well his head was spinning and he thought it would be hilarious to take a big ol' swig of soda, position himself in front of his unsuspecting mother and SPIT! It was performed so magnificently that I burst out laughing! His spray was delivered so beautifully that I couldn't contain my laughter--maybe that's where I went wrong. I've found him the last week chasing his older brother around the house with a water bottle in one hand and large spit puddles all over the floor!

Ahhh...I need to do this more often-this has been cathartic.

4 comments:

PEHNelson said...

Golf - what would boys do without golf. Hunter is just as hooked as Paul is. Paul and Hunter love to go play! Paul probably plays 3 times a week, I just don't know about it.
As for your trip, sounds wonderful!!!!! I love Cirque shows. They are amazing!
Sorry about the spitting.

MacLaren sounds like a lot
of "fun!"

The Melo's said...

H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!!!!! I wish I could have seen it, I have never seen Matt dance! Thanks for allowing me a good, hearty laugh!

DRN said...

Did Matt play the Wynn? I have always wanted to see O - I am a little surprised you didn't go to Zumanity

Dawn said...

Vegas hu? That sounds like a ton of fun and a much needed getaway! Only 5 more weeks until school!! Can't wait!!