Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What's in a "name"

I have been waiting to write about this for ummmm...probably 5 years. That would be really how long it has been that this issue has been lurking in the far recesses of my mind. 5 years - as old as my daughter is. That was when it began. 5 years ago - almost to the day. The "name game". The ONLY issue that has EVER had me question my marriage vows. (okay not really...but kinda...)



5 years ago we found out we would be having a girl. 5 years ago my husband began (after the awkward one week silence that I needed to regain my composure - not knowing what I would do with a girl) to offer up "names". It started with Opal, then Josephine and then I think I blacked out. I apologize in advance to anyone who has these names. This is by no means being written to offend...only to document for my beloved childrens' sake. I remember clearly the afternoon he called up and suggested the name Ginger - I hung up. It was about this time that I began to think "how could two people who love eachother so much...be sooooo very very different?" I mean sure opposites attract - but "Opal"? Really? The "name game" was called off until about 2 hours before Laina decided to come. He simply asked what her name was going to be, and I suggested "laina" and that he could supply a middle name. The third child was much easier knowing when I suggested McLaren (after the formula one team/car that he couldn't resist). Then came this fourth child.



The names of the fourth were known before it was even conceived. It was going to go sooo smoothely. No issues. No questioning of marriage vows. Easton for a boy.



Then one day, he came home with HANK. (Once again - I mean no offense :) Hank just didn't flow with the other names. "Hank's got money in the bank" was all he could say...and all I could say was "Hank the cow dog?". We of course tried to get our children to take sides. Each of us offering rewards if they would come into our camp...Indy was torn. That was when I started telling the kids what he had wanted to name them (I'd wait for him to go to work before I started throwing the propaganda their way). I just about had them safely on my side...and then we went in for the ultrasound.



Its a girl.



The first words out of Indy's mouth (okay - after he asked "mom are you crying???") were...well it's not going to be HANK.



The end.



And since I can't post without an image ;) Here's my namesake and her older siblings. They were perfect for these shots (their mother was smart enough to leave the room while we did them so she has no idea :) I promise more of just her by the end of the week.

11 comments:

Tia said...

love it!!!

Sheri N. said...

Congrats! And beautiful pic. I cant wait to see the rest!

Cristin said...

Tell Matt he can still use Hank -- as in Henrietta.

PEHNelson said...

I always have wondered why it is that people have different tastes in names. So then I think, "man, do people just gag when they hear Hunter, Riley and Taylor?" But yes Opal!! yikes! And Gabby is going to have her FIRST girl after 4 boys!!!! none of which are named hank of course! Good Luck with the name! And the picture is beautiful! Carter almost has me thinking he is so well behaved! And Eiley is gorgeous!

The McEnaney's said...

Such a beautiful pictures...Tia's children are gorgeous!

The Melo's said...

Yay for another girl! Paul mentioned how perfectly your family is, boy girl boy girl and all in June, you are quite the organized family!

brooke said...

Seriously Megan, you couldn't have planned that better, look at that symmetry! The funny thing is that I know girls with all those names and my best friend's Liz's baby is Hank! (Henry but Hank for short). Old fashioned is "in" but I don't love the old ones either. You will come up with something perfect I'm sure. Oh and Tia's kids-- to die for, can't wait for more!

cookie said...

Megan, please you're totally overreacting. There is a simple solution to this problem.

Easton for a boy.

Easter for a girl :)

AudyCamp said...

THey are so adorable! Congrats on a baby girl! Hey what about the name Hankini...for a girl. :)

sara said...

What the heck!? Carter looks like he's NINE or something!? (And the spitting image of Jace??)

I LOVE this photo!!! It's beautiful!

sara said...

Okay. Just read this post! :) -It's a GIRL....

Maggie. That goes, no??

Indy, Laina, MacLaren, Maggie.... ?