Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Year of Mother: Part 2

So I find myself "saving" up really good mother moments...and if I've already done one for the month, the thought does enter my mind, "well I could just save it for next month"....Hmm...didn't say this would be easy.
We took the opportunity to transform our "snow day" into an afternoon of sledding. We drove up the street (10 seconds from our house) and let the kids loose on some short little hills. Please disregard the huge metal tubes and fences in the background...I'm happy to say that no one got hurt. We didn't have one crying incident from an injury...now little McLaren screamed his head off the entire ride down with his mother, but that does not apply ;) I really should have titled this "wipeout" 'cause those are the best images! (but then I wouldn't get my "Year of Mother" credit for this month).


To be a young kid again...(and not a fat pregnant person :)
This is the glam train...true fashionistas while sledding! Now you might be wondering why I didn't jump out of the way and save them...
"and miss this shot!!!!!@!#$"? (don't worry...the fence was really forgiving)
He wanted to be "The flying tomato...but with blonde hair...we call him the flying potato".


This next image was taken right after he shoved an unsuspecting sledder down the hill...he was much happier on top of the hill, he would NOT get on a sled.
Wow the hill looks really really steep...didn't seem that way!
Some teeny-boppers walked across the street...and showed us how to really sled...

And catch air...

Or wipeout!

Proof that some people can ALWAYS look good in a shot no matter what, where, when...

Further proof that some will always struggle in a shot (Macky looks great...but couldn't someone have pushed my high hat down? and told me to suck in my cheeks?)


And the winning image from our wonderful afternoon goes to Maggie...the best sport of all!

If it wasn't for her...Laina would never have gotten on a sled!

9 comments:

AudyCamp said...

Megan I am actually wishing I was in the snow right now....Wow now that's a good photographer to make someone want that. We might have to come visit you guys and borrow your snow:)

Tia said...

You do make the snow look good

Cristin said...

Great pictures. At least you have real sleds. We get snow here on a regular basis and we're still using boogie boards to go down hills.

kristin said...

The shot of the girl catching air is totally sweet! You've got some major skillz.

megan said...

the boogie board and rubbermaid tops were in the car...luckily our friends let us borrow theirs...even better for sheri since she brought cardboard boxes wrapped in diet dr. pepper plastic...I took a picture of abby holding it...she gets to post it though :)
indy is wearing matts pants and borrowed gloves.

Sheri N. said...

Hey dude, where's my pics. J/K. But email em to me when you have the time. That way I can once again copy your blog. I am SO LAME!

Sheri N. said...

I had to take a second look at your post. And this time I literally could not stop laughing at the last pic of Laina. That is the one I think you should have blown up!

The Melo's said...

That last picture is hilarious!

megan said...

the last image is maggie :)