Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy Bday "little" Matty..

I'm sure that's what all of his siblings called and said today.

Birthdays' in this house are all about making that person feel special. Of course we do it in the way we ourselves would like to be treated....for me - its all about the FOOD. :)
So we started off with eggs and homemade bread and homemade jam. (Okay so the bread had my signature gaping whole in the middle of it, but I cut around it creatively). Then we got to hang Ade's Christmas present to me this year...the "birthday banner". It is so stinkin' cute and I can't wait for it to be permanently on the wall during the month of June! We made cowboy cookies (we had already had the obligatory yellow cake with chocolate frosting - that Matt creatively requests every single year - on Sunday) and had chicken piccata (anyone who has had the privilege of discussing Cheesecake Factory with Matt can visualize his description of his most favorite dish...ever.) The kids gave Matt 10 boxes of his favorite cereal (I know...so cheap...didn't anyone tell you that we're in a recession - it just fit too well :) and he received a few other nice gifts. We put up some balloons and sang and ate and wished him a wonderful birthday as he walked back out the door....30 minutes after he walked in.


Tax season birthday.

Indy insisted that we wrap all the cereal boxes. Who knows what his brother is doing...the image with the scissors just cracks me up.




The banner is so wonderful...the picture I took isn't.



Laina - after she was caught ripping into one of the 3 gifts for her dad.

Why is this picture so large??? Boxes placed in order of preference.


why on earth did I take a picture of the food? hmmm...Matt was so impressed with the cookies that I didn't have the heart to tell him they were one of those jar mixes that a friend had given to me over the holidays...Friend (Lisa) can I have the recipe please so I can pass them off as mine next week??

When we were all done, Laina asked Matt what he had gotten them for their "goodie" bags, seeing as how they were at his birthday party. Nice. We're still working on the whole "selfless" thing...

5 comments:

Tia said...

I can hear the chicken picatta story now! Happy Birthday Matt. How do you always have holes in your bread no holes in mine!

DRN said...

very cool... happy birthday Matt!

Linsey F said...

My bread always has a hole in the bottom too. I just hide it. No one has to know!

Wade said...

30 minutes? I don't understand the problem?

Dawn said...

I love the banner, I got one last week that said "Happy Anniversary".
I like the "Happy Birthday" one better. I'd get alot more use out of it! The cookies looke great too! Oh, and Happy Birthday Matt!I think we need the Chicken Picatta recipe!