Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend Review.

We had quite the happenin' weekend. Starting with the funkiest...

My nephew - Mikey (or Mic) - playin' at the Raven, downtown Prescott.


Kinda annoyed that I had to find out from my cousin, but whatever, I'll take it no matter how the information finds its way to me. Tia, Taylor and I went and saw Mikey raise the roof on the cafe with his band on Thursday night. We thought we were so cool...sippin' on the hot chocolate (and watching Taylor drink a lot of weird looking sodas). Ahh...to fake like we were young and carefree...

This was definitely my favorite...He totally busted out the trumpet and wailed.

Oh...reality check, (baby Bree) although she was a perfect angel and slept the entire time.

Mikey also took on the mic for a little front stage time and played guitar...


The picture of the young and carefree...(I won't mention that I was exhausted the next day...completely worn out!)
I love the processing on this image...

And he also rocked the bass guitar...

I wanted this to be me in this picture...but oh well..I'll settle for Taylor since he was the one who got us there.

On Friday, we took the kids to the Y for swimming. Here would be a good opportunity to state my distress at the KidZone discontinuing there care of infants...I'm doomed. Laina and McLaren were raised from 6 weeks on in KidZone...this poor baby will miss out on that wonderful experience.
So, back to the Y for swimming. Then we came home and after 3 hours of hard intense work (and a few failures) Tia, Taylor, Sheri and I managed to get some edible homemade pizza...on a pizza stone. Tia has a great recipe for dough that was incredible, and we learned the hard way that you must have cornmeal for the pizza to slide from the paddle to the stone!
Saturday, Tia worked her bottom off (and Friday night) cleaning my house. She and I kinda have this little competition on leaving the house cleaner then when you came. She killed me. I can't hold a candle to her hard work (and there's no point in using pregnancy as an excuse.) We took the kids to the park and worked on our sunburns.
Last night I finally (I believe I am the last person on the planet) sat down and watched Twilight. Even my husband went and saw it in the theater. I was ill with morning sickness and based on all the reviews, didn't think it worth my time. I have to say, when you watch something with zero expectations, you can be pleasantly surprised. I had heard all the negative about the show, so I thought it would be awful, but it wasn't. Sure, it wasn't a big budget film, but I did not think it to be a complete flop. This also happened when I read and hosted the book for book club all those years ago :)...I chose it partly thinking it would be a flop and I would be kicked out :) who knew what it would turn in to?
Today, during sacrament meeting, I had the pleasure of playing 3 rounds of hangman with Laina. Have you ever had the opportunity to play hangman with a kindergartner who spells words just like they sound? All I could do was giggle to myself....I had no idea what the words were tenagr and senub...give up? teenagers and bunnies (perhaps some dyslexia going on?) she was having the funnest time that it was hard to burst her bubble, however I never was "hung"!

7 comments:

The Melo's said...

Great pictures of Mikey! He has an unbelieveable amount of musical talent and has managed to keep it hid from the rest of the family. I am excited to come back so that we can attend such events, I really want to hear Mikey perform.

Tia said...

great weekend review

Tia said...

great weekend review

Lynda Holdsworth said...

Why are we always the last to hear about the grandchildren's talent and performances?? I would love to see Mikey in action. I know he's really a talented musician. This comes from the Cowdell side of the family. Grandpa Cowdell (my dad's father) played the bass fiddle, cornet, and piano, and had a dance band himself. It's funny how history repeats itself. Thanks for taking the pix, and for going there in person. Love, your M-I-L

Lynda Holdsworth said...

Oops, I forgot - Susie's grandma plays the fiddle very well, also!

kristin said...

Next time you find out about one of Mikey's shows, let us know. Grant and I were just talking about wanting to see him perform the other day. And it would be a good excuse to see you guys too. :)

cookie said...

very cool pics, Megan. And I always enjoy seeing those Noble sistas!