Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Girls Retreat

For Mother's Day, I invited my mom and sister on a "Girls Weekend Retreat" to Phoenix. We did it the same weekend as the Father's & Son's campout so Laina was invited as well. Of course it was wonderful. Of course it will become a tradition. Of course McLaren was dropped off at a friends house at 8:15am and by 11am had a temperature of 102 (x-filesesque skin infection....go figure). AND of course Matt stepped up and took charge of the weekend ensuring that I could continue on in my quest for peace and tranquility and some much needed shopping :) He missed another camping opportunity :(


We stayed at the Intercontinental (the same spot for our tax season trip - yes...its a winner and yes...I HIGHLY recommend this place...just for the mere fact that they give every kid 3 free hours in their kids camp PER DAY :) Laina didn't even want to hang out with us.





Aren't these cabana's the coolest things ever?






We had massages and my mom had her first facial (and proably her last after she got her bill!) We sat by the pool...we went to dinner and the bookstore.





They slept in (I don't put a lot of stock in sleeping these days)...they had room service (and ate before I even got a picture of it - but Hellooooo...when you have a food and beverage credit included in your stay - what else are you going to spend it on???)





We hit the best cupcakes in town, but managed to save room for a little White Chocolate Grill. (Laina was trying so hard to share nicely).




AND we went shopping. Now what on earth does an 8.5 month pregnant person shop for? Since I hadn't bought one thing for the baby about to be born...we hit the Babies 'R Us. This might not seem like a news-worthy event to you, but I assure it was. First I'd like to ask why NO ONE has ever mentioned Babies 'R Us before??? It is the Queen Mother of all baby stores. All those nights and mornings I've spent on the internet looking at baby stuff....WASTED. I could've simply walked into that gorgeous, clean massive MEGAstore and been done. (Yes I hear the VeggieTales song from Madam Blueberry "Stuff Mart" playing in my head...but I don't care.) I was completely overwhelmed and completely in love. We loaded up 2 carts of "stuff" and I was in heaven. The baby can now be born (okay - in like 2 weeks she can :). Thank you Babies R Us.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


Now on a totally un-related "Girls Night Out"...a few weeks ago some friends hosted a "Girls Night" on my behalf. It was very sweet of them and there were some very nice gifts...one of which was a BabyCake. No...its not the old school diaper cake you're thinking of its this..




Isn't it gorgeous??? I can't bring myself to take it apart. Its filled with onesies, and some bling'd out binkies and a blanket/burp cloth. Oh so divine! Thanks again girls!

4 comments:

Sabra said...

You have the most wonderful, creative friends.

Cristin said...

Great pictures. I want to go to that resort. You made me forget that it was probably 110 degrees outside.

AudyCamp said...

U girlies have the funnest Girls Trips. That Matt..what a guy to sacrifice his camping trip for your shopping trip. I love that Laina is so anxious to get her cupcake back from Grandma! CAn't wait to see your little one soon.

brooke said...

You really have almost 4 kids and have never been to a babies R us? Oh you don't want to know the number of hours I've wasted in that store. It is kind of heavenly, especially when you are big and pregnant and you can take a breather in the reclining gliders in the back!
Sounds like a fun trip! And that baby cake is SO cute!