Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Eye of the Storm

I've never been in an actual "eye" of a storm...but its a well-known fact (if you watch enough weather channel with your husband and children) that right in the middle of a tornado there is a quiet...a calm before the tornado moves across and decimates everything in its path.


I am in the EYE of the storm. Why on earth am I sitting here writing about it? Nursing this blasted fever blister that has picked today to surface (my usual form of mouth torture is a canker sore - why now do I have to add the fever blister too?? **Note - I have since gone to my dentist who "zapped" it with this laser gun and it should be gone by tomorrow...yay! for technology and bye bye canker/cold sores!) I should be packing andcleaning and finishing up orders and proofing images....but no - instead I choose to sit andwrite about it. I think there is some vindication in writing things down...makes it seem lesscrazy. However, there was no avoiding craziness yesterday and today and probably tomorrow...like I said EYE of the storm. I'm choosing to take 10 minutes and collect myself before it crosses my path. This morning was out of control...trying to clean up and pack lunches and get ready so I could accompany Laina to the ranch to read to Little Black and the other ponies.

My breakfast consisted of licking off the smeared peanut butter & jelly left on my hand from making hurried lunches (which should've been make the night before - but I got home late and chose to work rather than do my motherly duties.) Then I threw a snack in the car which McLaren found and ate - I let him have it all and then thought...I'll just write about it instead of making him give it back...(see writing = vindication)


Before I go get pummeled :) I am going to leave you with one little tip. Remember my favorite oatmeal?
I had an epiphany.

If you make it in the microwave (throw everything in a glass dish) then you don't burn the milk in the pot on the stove!! It was awesome!! Matt ate 2 huge bowls. So happy...(almost as happy as I was on Sunday when I decided to make "Nutty Blender Pancakes" which used my whole wheat kernels...however when Indy walked over and asked Laina what she was eating and she said "pancakes...but the don't have any taste"...and I realized that maybe they weren't the HIT I was hoping for, but was still happy to see that the kids will eat cardboard if you give them syrup to dip it in!!! happy...)

Storm ends tomorrow, April 15th about 8pm - headed to Phoenix.

3 comments:

Tia said...

funny funny laina that made me laugh!!! Maybe if you called me every once in a while and blew off some steam i wouldn't have to do it to you so often :) Maybe? Hang in there - all your troubles will be massaged away soon.

Rabid said...

Oh hunny. I understand. Oh how do I understand. The Spouse had major shoulder surgery today. On April 14.

megan said...

WHAT??? Doesn't he know that you're not even allowed to BREATHE until the 16th??? sheesh..the nerve