Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Crossfit Games 2010

Last month while in California, we packed up the kids and dusted off the sand from the beach and headed up to my family reunion in Utah. On our way, we had to make a little stop-off for Matt/work.
The Crossfit Games - 2010
It was held at the Home Depot Center in LA (where the Galaxy (soccer) play - I think :)
It was really really toasty. We knew the kids weren't going to last very long - but boy oh boy was it insane. We were able to watch the team competitions and I've never seen women do so many pull-ups in my life. My new year's resolution from a few years ago never came to fruition :( There is a serious cult-following here. The truly HARD-CORE people are cross-fitters. That's all I'm sayin'. Totally gnarly. I included a link on the background of the company above - quite interesting.






So we survived the trip across Death Valley at 3pm (whose bright idea was that??!#$%). We rolled in to Salt Lake and woke up the next day ready to celebrate Tia's birthday. We couldn't decide which cupcakes to try...so we tried ALL of them. Did I mention why we have to cross-fit?


5 comments:

Tia said...

sweet i wish i could have seen it. thanks for putting me in black and white much more flattering

Whitny said...

k the cupcake shots are BEauTiful. Love it

cookie said...

You got to go to the Crossfit Games?!@* Sha-what? So jealous I bet it was cool. I'm doin a little crossfit class at the gym and worked 3 months to achieve my goal of doing 1, yes, ONE pullup! :) Heather is my hero, she can do 8 in a row without stopping, haha!

Cristin said...

I'm forwarding a link to this to Erik. He LOVES crossfit. He'll be so jealous.

megan said...

Jill-That's it...I'm reinstating my resolution...1 PULL-up.

Cristin-Does Erik love the "idea" of cross-fit? or does he "love" to cross-fit? I want to know if he is hardcore or not :)