Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mitch Jr.

I thought this would be so hard.

I was nervous driving down to the valley to see Elizabeth for the first time since the funeral. To meet this sweet little one and give him all the love I possibly could.
I packed an arsenal of stuff and made sure I had my sunglasses ready to throw on in case I completely lost it and broke down sobbing uncontrollably. Except that didn't happen.
This did...The most awesome - beautiful display of unconditional love and strength. I found out that she hates that word "strength" right now and so out of respect for her...I stopped using it :) But I have no problem writing it.
These images show nothing but a strong and beautiful mother, who has found herself in an unexpected place. She didn't plan for the summer to end this way - and she'll be the first to tell you that its awful and she doesn't like it and doesn't want it, and yet all I saw for the 2 days that I was with her was a strong, beautiful woman who hasn't lost her smile or her sense of humor in the midst of the crazy storm she is standing in.
My dad would be so happy to see me putting his ice cream bucket to use!

Seriously...isn't she beautiful? Glowing? There are some things that can break through pain and sorrow...


Our friend called this the "elf-bed". I love it!

I don't normally post slide shows for public viewing, however I know that there are too many out there whose thoughts and prayers are with Elizabeth and her family. I think that these images are so sweet and precious that they actually bring a certain peace with them:

(You should know that I spent 2 days with her and was able to shoot whenever I wanted - in a perfect world this is the BEST way to shoot a newborn...every time I'd make him scream...I'd simply stop and go hand him to Elizabeth and put the camera away! So the amount of images and different "scenes" are more than normal...It took me 4 different times -over 2 days- to get the arms under the chin pictures)
www.holdsworthphotography.com/menlove

6 comments:

Gabriela Hull said...

Absolutely beautiful and perfect. I don't think I've ever seen something so tender and peaceful. My heart goes out to her and her family...

Whitny said...

I really don't know what to write. Oh Elizabeth. My heart just aches. The pictures are so beautiful and that isn't even the right word. They are perfect. She is just luminous. I am glad that you got to spend some time with her and baby.

brooke said...

I don't even know her but my heart breaks for her. I just sat here and cried while I watched the slide show. I'm so glad you got to capture the joy for her in this sad time. The pictures are beautiful as always.

Criddle's said...

Amazing pictures. I am friends with Mitch Sr. and I love Elizabeth and her children without having met them. These photos brought tears to my eyes knowing that Mitch is smiling down on his beautiful family. Thank you for sharing. I miss Mitch, but I can see him as I look at his beautiful wife and his children... they are reflections of him.

Mollie Photo said...

oh. no. i might cry looking at these. Can my baby look this beautiful?

AudyCamp said...

Glad you got to capture sweet moments shared between them in such a hard time...Can relate a little because we just lost our niece this month and were able to have a photographer capture some tender moments before she actually passed. It takes a GOOD photographer to actually capture {Feelings} in a photo & YOU can do it!