Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Card { J.O.Y.}


Probably one of the BEST things about this crazy psychotic time of year (forgive me, but I've been doing laundry all day today, so that I can pack all day tomorrow... And cleaning my house just so that it can be trashed again on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning) deep breath in....deep breath out....ahh much better.
So one of the things that brings me the MOST JOY EVER are Holiday Cards. Now don't freak out because I used the word "Holiday" instead of Christmas - I truly push the "reason for the season", its just that I love getting the random Thanksgiving card too :) I love seeing and reading about what everyone has been up to and seeing what has been "worthy" to make it onto the Holiday card that year (Side note - 2 unknown pregnancies were announced in cards this year...interesting :) I love it when people walk in my house and immediately head to the card door and start browsing through - I do it myself at other people's homes. I thought I was so good this year buying a "Christmas Card" Door Hanger, but it was filled to the gills, so I'm gonna have to start taping them to the door.

I think I'm going to have to hold a contest of some sort, for the BEST/Most Creative card of the year (if only to get all you Holiday card scrooges/"takers NOT givers" to actually send one out). You know who you are...perhaps a Holiday Photo Session??? hmmm I'll start thinking about it. Matt is my un-official judge (as in he's who I try to make laugh when he walks by the cards, and when I dream up our card idea for the year...Tia you did a real good job this year, real good...he's still laughing - and of course all Holdsworth Photography cards wouldn't be allowed - it would be too hard to pick! ha!)
The bacon card is the winner this year...Matt walked by the door and then turned around grabbed it and started laughing. Very clever Rabid...very clever...you've stepped it up a few notches, we're gonna have to work extra hard here next year :)
If you didn't get a Christmas card, then here is a condensed portion...if you got a different one (yes I send out long versions to family and short versions to friends - really only my grandma needs that much information :) then here's a peek at the long one... enJOY!


3 comments:

Cristin said...

I know I am the taker, not the giver, but PLEASE don't take me off your mailing list! Your card is always one of my favorites. I promise to be better next year. I PROMISE.

Rabid said...

It's almost as if we have paid each other to vote fer each other, eh?

Thanks!

Holiday Cards are my favorite too. And I say Holiday Cards AND Christmas Cards because I'll take anyone's card, regardless of their denomination. Unless of course it's something weird or inappropriate and even then I might not hang it on the door but I'll treasure it.

Merry Christmas! Here's to next year, huh? Are you thinking yet?

cookie said...

I feel like I won an oscar! Our card is your "tree topper"!!!!! Or is that tooting your own horn? hmmmm... haha :)