Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Friday, December 4, 2009

A year ago today...

Earlier this week I was talking with my mother on the phone -trying to get her to extend her microscopic visit OR to give ME her visit to Tia's next week - and as she deftly sidestepped my pleading and redirected the conversation towards how well I was doing now - considering this time last year I was holed up in a chair with a spit rag - I immediately started to cringe. Ugh. The thoughts make me shudder and cause my mind to go numb (lucky for her I gave up on my pleading). The spit rag was awful. I had excess saliva the likes of which I had never before experienced and the only way to combat it was...the SPIT RAG. It would sick everyone out (including me, which just caused me to produce even more spit). Matt hated it when he'd walk by and grab a towel for something only to find out that it was a wet spit rag. :) :) he...he... okay even though its sick - it was still kinda funny. Even funnier was the run to the store when he realized all of our kitchen towels were used up. So now (a year later) we have like 50 kitchen towels shoved in our little towel drawer.

Last week at Thanksgiving, I talked my brother-in-law Ray (a.k.a. Uncle Ray Firedance) into snapping some pictures of Ella and I. I was totally obsessed with the Blue walls at Jon's house...I knew they'd make for some killer color once I got my hands on them.

Ella - 5months:
-refuses to sleep past 5:45am (case in point this morning...I gave up after fighting it for an hour...and we started the day at 5:30am...and she's happy and giggling and rolling all over my concrete floor in the office--on a blanket of course.)
-SCREAMS at dinner time insisting we put something in her mouth. It's like a little bird - without the parental regurgitation. (Consequently all the kids feel that its open season now and would like to give her some of their dinner :(
-Smiles the second you make eye contact with her - and sometimes even gives you a little scream of excitement, hoping to lure you into picking her up.

Who would've thought a year ago today that I would have this sweet, precious, adorable bundle of joy (who continues to pack nuts in her cheeks)?








6 comments:

Cristin said...

The pictures are darling. The spit rag thing? GROSS.

Tia said...

okay are you serious ella is killing me those pictures are amazing, whats wrong with me why do i always cry when i see your pictures!!

The McEnaney's said...

Amazing pictures like always :)

brooke said...

Ok the spit rag thing almost made ME have to go get a spit rag! Sick! But the pictures are adorable and I am also in love with the blue wall.

Whitny said...

Oh wow. The pictures are so so wonderful. Does Matt take them or what.? I didn't read what you wrote. You lost me a spit rag. But I LOVE the pictures. they are amazing.

Mollie Photo said...

she is the cutest thing ever.