Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Doing the MOST Good.

Every year I try to think of some off-the-wall way to serve/help/de-materialize Christmas. (Last year we caroled to some elderlies on Christmas Day - went over like a lead balloon with my fam). This year, our Bishop thought of one for me. My husband was luckily out of town with Indy - so Laina, Ella and I went and rang the BELL by ourselves. We loved doing it. We loved talking with people as they walked by. Laina and I were a 2 man act...she was dancing around the bucket and ringing her bell and we were belting out as many Christmas songs as we could think of - and we coulda cared less who put money in and who didn't (just for the record they handed her tons of cash :). We were shameless and embarrassed our family for generations to come.


I started to worry as we drove away though...what if I just showed her how easy it is to stand on a corner and beg for cash????! I should've thrown Ella's carseat out there and taken some of it home with us! (Oh my poor husband! The embarrassment!)



Katy (of Katydids :) and her kids....they sang a LOT better than us.


And Bishop Brett - out peddaling his kids to drum up some cash :)

1 comment:

Cristin said...

That's funny. Today there were 2 girls ringing the bell and singing in front of our grocery store. I almost wanted to give them money to make them STOP singing. It wasn't so good, but hey, at least they were doing something. Good for you.