Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

EXTREME Wakeboarding!!!

Before we get to the good stuff--let's have a moment with our geriatric sponsors--you have to suffer through to get to the good stuff...
This would be my almost 31 year ol' self on the wakey-board for the first time...that's right kids--your momma threw down!!! and now she can barely type and hobbles around the house because EVERY SINGLE FIBER OF EVERY SINGLE MUSCLE from fingers down to the toe IS PAINFULLY SORE!!! I'm sure it will go away in a few weeks :) Nothin' like trying to recover from a Lake Powell ene... never mind.

I like to call this one the "toilet pose" or "chair" if you want to be boring....
This would be the "almost toilet pose"

This would be the "joyful crossing of the wake pose"
No name...just like the "stealthness" of it...I know I'm dark but Matt was doing his best behind the camera...he was very very proud of himself :)

Here's Matty...he even got a few hops in there...

And our lovely hostess...Krista...nice form.
Okay kids...the next series of images are real...there was no photoshopping done (okay maybe some color boost :) DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME...(at least find some water and a trampoline) These 2 brothers defied gravity baby... (warning: lots and lots and lots of crazy air ahead...)
Lovin' this!!!
Check out the landscape---oh and the Mctweety move (okay so I have no idea what the names of the moves were...)
Remember that "toilet pose" of mine?? I'd like to call this "Sideways toilet pose" ;)

That's it for Holdsworth Photography's first edition of EXTREME WAKEBOARDING...now I'm tired and I'm going to bed.

5 comments:

PEHNelson said...

Megan!! That looks like a lot of fun! You know the Nelsons, they LOVE the water! We just took the boat out yesterday for the first time and Paul taught me how to drive the boat so that he can waterski! He loved it and got right up! He didn't do his wakeboarding cause my mom was with us and she would have FREAKED out!! Glad you had a great time. Paul wants to go back to Lake Powell so bad! He will love the pictures and be crazy jealous!

Sheri N. said...

Awesome! Maybe you can get a job being an extreme sports photographer.

megan said...

Ericka--I couldn't help but think about my very first slalom (sp?) lesson given by good ol' Paul about 15 years ago!!! I have to admit that getting up on a wakeboard is much easier than a ski--an old person must've invented it :) BUT you still hurt as bad the week after!

DRN said...

wow Megan - I had no idea you were so good... Those brothers can really shred it. nice pics

Dawn said...

That is so cool! I can't even imagine getting up to toilet pose, I think I'd really suck at it. Your pics are great, you seemed to catch them at just the perfect moment! I love the white skin on ya'll!