Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fort Knox

Dear little rabbits and squirrels and quaily birds-

I am near tears. My hands are bloody.

I have no more energy to replant again this season. I can't stand to have my 2 year old jump on my back with WWF moves, while I am bending over planting.

I have tried for 3 years and for 3 years you have won.

I'm done losing.

If I ever see any of you near my garden a.k.a. Fort Knox, you will be shot with something from my husbands' closet....by either me or my son....he's really really wanting to do this and I've decided I will let him.

I've installed cement posts.

Then I had green fencing put up.

THEN I topped it off with bird netting.

THEN, after you wriggled in there, I put up chicken wire. There is nothing left to put up. I will now have to drop my children in by a crane to harvest my vegetables. The vegetables that I have planted 3 times this summer.

5 comments:

The Melo's said...

Maybe if you surround your garden with poison and don't allow your children in the backyard that would fix the problem. You might have a lot of dead animals though and then your neighbors might complain, probably not a good idea. Good Luck!

Kelsey Claire said...

awe. how sad. those rodents should be ashamed of themselves. lol.

The McEnaney's said...

Megan,

Your photography work is amazing! I saw your blog on Tia's and wanted to compliment you on your gift. It is seriously the best photography work I have ever seen! Hope you and your family are well!
Dara

DRN said...

the line about craning your kids inside for harvest is classic.

Brandi said...

Have you read the book Muncha, Muncha, Muncha? If not, I'll have to let you borrow it. It is your garden story to the T!