Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Finally - MY Family Photography Session

I have never had a real family photo session of my very own - never. It's kinda like the shoemaker's kids go shoeless thing.... My image above my fire place is 3 years old. I have 4 children now instead of the 3 shown in that image. It was time. We shot these images this month - the month of January...so it is okay to do family pictures other than the month of November.

The beautiful and wonderfully talented Amy Lebbon came up from Phoenix and made my dreams come true.

A few thoughts from the "other side of the camera".

1. I knew what I wanted my pictures to look like. I knew I wanted interaction and fun times with my husband and children...and I was not afraid to smile & laugh to get those images - even if it felt a little dorky doing it, or required some rear-end pinching on my part.
2. I knew exactly where the pictures would be hung and was about 95% sure on the layout of the gallery of images - this made it easy when we were messing around 'cause I knew how they were going to be displayed (don't worry, I'll show you the final wall when I'm finished), and I knew I wanted random images mixed in with some "set" shots.
3. I knew the colors of clothing months in advance :) (okay - I knew I wanted to wear a dress & heels and matt was going to wear his "swinger" suit - I like to dress up despite my tendency to lean towards anything made of velour or sweats.) BUT I didn't have the exact outfits laid out until the day before when I went and raided a friends closet (thank you friend :). My motto with clothing - the crazier the better - no matchy matchy please. I think the randomness photographs better - plus its stuff we actually wear.

4. I had scouted out the location and it proved to be as awesome as I knew it would be. Now I can already here my mother asking why I chose to shoot near an abandoned grafiti-ridden train car :) OR next to the NAPA auto parts store...all I can say is...I love it (don't worry mom - you can still tell me it looks like the middle of a dump - I won't be sad). I like it 'cause it was a little funky....a little different.

6. I took a LOT of deep breaths and only lost my temper a few times - basically whenever a child (one in particular) ran away OR another child would make ridiculous faces (the un-photoshoppable kind).

7. I love that these pictures reflect ALL my kids personalities - Laina, the poser, McLaren, the rascal, Indy, the nugget, & Ella, the teeny little caboose.

Thank you again Amy, YOU ROCK! (some PS was done by Amy and some by moi ;)












13 comments:

London said...

I love the pics, and your grey pumps are HOT!!

Cristin said...

Nice. I bought a dress just like the green one, but with black and polka dots. You look good.

The Serr Team said...

Seriously awesome! Your heels & that green ring...love them and where did you get Ella's dress?! You could have a career in dressing people in addition to all of the other hats you wear! Completely amazing pictures!

The McEnaney's said...

Amazing! The outfits and colors are fabulous!

DRN said...

Matt's sartorial style has always been top notch. A paisley dress shirt takes it to a whole other level.

B said...

very very cute! I love the last one and all the ones with just the kiddos are amazingly great! You all look great in them all - I just love that all 4 kiddos are looking so super cute in so many shots! WOW!

Rabid said...

You have hot legs.

Rabid said...

Did that make Matt jealous? It should!

brooke said...

Love them! And seriously about dressing people, you should offer a "stylist" consultation in addition to your photog services, I would pay you to dress us before a shoot!

Whitny said...

FABULOUS> Absolutly amazing. I love them all. The one with Mac trying to get a coke out of the machine. and the colors. Just perfection. I love them so so much. All the work was worth it. I can't wait to see the wall.

Wendy said...

Megan! Those are great pics! You guys look like you had a blast! I had a blast looking thru them! Thanks! :)

Costley Images said...

awesome. you look adorable! i love the locations:)

Chredna said...

love them! and I want my hubby to wear a shirt just like matt's....very GQ.