Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mac and Me


I think the martian was named "Mac"...(as I'm typing this and laughing I'm also worried that I might give my child some sort of complex...hmmm...time will tell- it was either that or the chemo comparison...)

McLaren had been trying to cut his hair (he wanted to be bald like his dad) for the past 3 weeks. Matt would somehow salvage it and we'd go on for a couple of days. We went out Friday night and my niece was babysitting - and when we got home she said, "Mac cut his hair". He didn't just "cut his hair" - he scalped himself right down the middle (didn't help that his cousin Parker was sitting next to him with his newly shaven head that his father did on purpose - I have no idea why someone would purposely do that to a child but - I should've seen this one coming.)

We had no choice but to shave...to the scalp. As usual, this child in particular makes me laugh so hard that I have a hard time doling out the punishment - in fact, Matt and I were laughing so hard that most of the pictures I took came out blurry...'cause I couldn't hold the camera still.

When we were finished he wasn't smiling any more...he wanted his hair back. Every family member and friend we encounter gasps and then tries to recover when they see him...I just comment "he started the hair cut....and we had to finish it."

So here's our version of "Mac 'n Me".







This one is blurry...but I love it...I love the finger in the background pointing to him :)
**I should add that I didn't take a final image...he's completely shaven...no "Dad look alikes" - Matt and I couldn't help ourselves and paused mid-shave for a Dr. Evil and mini-me shot

8 comments:

Rabid said...

Oh. Giant belly laughing over here. That is awesome.

Tia said...

oh my gosh were all looking at the pictures over here dying, what did he cut it with?

kristin said...

Hilarious!! I'm totally showing Grant when he gets home. On the plus side, at least he has a nice, round head.

Lynda Holdsworth said...

Oh no, no, no!!! Where is my little Danish boy with the beautiful blond locks?? I can't stand it. Luckily in two weeks he will start to look like his adorable self again. Reminds me of when Matt shaved his head at age 17. Little did he know someday it would be a permanent look. Sob! :-(

The Melo's said...

He looks like Benjamin Button! Hilarious!

DRN said...

Funniest Post Ever. Look at it this way, at least they want to cut their hair, unlike their uncles Court and Jace.

Dawn said...

I'm laughing so hard right now, I can hardly type! I knew there had to be a story behind the bald head, especailly in the winter! Brr!

Megan said...

I was laughing so hard when I read this- I started to tear up! Woo. Boys!