Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Piano - Reverse Psychology

Laina came home the other day with her New Year's resolutions.

She wanted to:

1. Learn to play the piano

2. Learn to play tennis (??) No idea where that came from...I'm guessing it was a classroom suggestion...

3. Keep her room clean (Okay...who am I kidding...I added that one for her.)


I had planned on starting both her and Indy next year, but she kept bugging and bugging and so I finally cleaned off the piano - yes it was buried (a yamaha clavinova) and found Mary had little lamb and Twinkle Twinkle on the internet....printed 'em off....wrote the notes on the paper and on the keyboard and sent her on her way.

Now, as is the case with most "new" things - she wants to play all the time. (You're nodding your head 'cause you've been here in some way...) Asks before she goes to bed...and when she wakes up...she's at the piano playing. Hmmmm :) I decided (knowing how fast this will go downhill) to use my lovely reverse psychology parenting skillz and inform her that she couldn't play UNTIL her room was clean....or her homework was done....or the dishwasher was unloaded. I'm so gonna ride this as long as I can....







3 comments:

Rabid said...

Hold onto that one. Harness it and nurture it and love it. I battle my 8 year-old through practicing every darned day. I tell him each time that I'll be here a-battling for many years more so he might as well give up. He hasn't given up though. Looks like many years of battle for me.

DRN said...

hmmm maybe her uncle court should step in... he actually won a tennis match in high school

DRN said...

one more tip... keyboard and headphones :)