Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Taxman.

Ughh...

I seriously seriously seriously DO NOT like the taxman. (We aren't allowed to use the word "hate" in our house...so that's my way around it).

AND some of you may be thinking - isn't her husband the taxman?? Well...technically no...although right now I'm thinking about maybe throwing him in the category also :) just kidding darling...I know you love me and you're only doing this for my own good (kinda like a personal trainer that throws 200lb. weights on you and tells you to lift - its for your own good...or puts you on a treadmill and sets it at a 9 - I can barely do a 5.5 - you get the picture...) anyway its not easy on the taxpayer who's computer has been dead for 5 months and she's not good at backing up her tax information on the few precious days it did work...

Tax time around here gets really tricky - especially when its MY tax information WE'RE working on...not good...not good at all...particularly trying on the marriage...

Luckily Matt is well-equipped with dealing with "haters" of taxes and soothes me while still managing to accomplish the horrendous task at hand - it can be so very taxing (get it? taxing?)

Ughh...ugh...ugh!

**And as a side note, I'd just like to remind all Arizona Photographers out there that EVERYTHING you do is subject to both city AND state sales tax....EVERYTHING (yes, that includes your session fees that you probably thought fell under the "service" umbrella - nope...TAXABLE.)

The saying around here:
The only things you can count on in life - DEATH & TAXES.

Have a GREAT day!

4 comments:

Cristin said...

I'm glad to finally hear someone write about how awful taxes are. Everyone keeps saying how "great" tax season is because they get a refund. I want to punch them in the face. This year I owe money to California. Grrrrrr. Seriously, I want to start cussing everytime I think about it. Good luck with your taxes.

Rabid said...

OH Megan! You opened me up for all sorts of spewage. You might be sorry. You might think about going public and not letting me in.

I work with many states. All of them mostly. At the least the states that have an income tax and have a lot of people (like Montana doesn't have a lot of people so I don't deal with Montana. There are a couple more two.)

Anyway. Of all the states that I work with, your dreadful Arizona is among the ones I despise. Overly complicated, I tell you. OVERLY FREAKING COMPLICATE.

Oh I feel so much better now.

Rabid said...

Can I write that again? Many mistakes.

megan said...

Cristin - Don't you know that you're supposed to inform the people getting a refund as to how totally "un-financially-savvy" it is to get a refund...you've just loaned the government money for the entire year....LAME-O!

The goal is to have to write a check for under $10 :) Better luck next year.

Rabid-
No...you can't re-write :) I like it that your emotions are shining through :)
I also like it that I'm married to an accountant in this great state of AZ.
What I don't like, is after 6 hours of getting my "taxes in order" & "vowing to do better next year" that I feel like crying... A LOT of crying...and at the same time have a new appreciation for my husband. I just asked him how he can go to work every day and face that???? same for you...hats off to the tax helpers!