Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Looks fine to me!

Question:
Can you send your child BACK to school after the nurse has called you to come and get him...because he has BARFED all over himself??
Indy was complaining of a sick stomach, but not with the usual psycho tears of trying to stay home. He ate his breakfast and we loaded up and went to school. Next thing I know...Matt is bringing him home (I wasn't near my phone) saying he's covered in barf (just thinking of matt singing Laina's song "Why's everybody barfing" got me laughing)...So I get home and there's Indy in his pj's with a little smirk on his face (children this age don't know how to make themselves throw up right???) and he proceeds to tell me all about it...I'm of course laughing the whole time (look--it was kinda funny)...I asked him why he threw up on himself and didn't make it to the sink or the trash can...and his response was "I was raising my hand...it was during announcements"...so he threw up in his pencil box and his buddy next to him yelled out "INCOMING!" (see...how can you not laugh?) So his friend took him to the nurse and even picked up the barf rag that he dropped (this was all described in great detail by someone who was OBVIOUSLY feeling much better)...so just to document what he gets to do all day...(I do feel really really really bad for his teacher...how awful to start the day off with barf!) Now if he had stayed home from school because he was sick...he would be confined to a bed and a blanket, but since he was given clearance by the school nurse and was ready to eat a half an hour after he got home...what do you do???
P.S. I have lots more to post...I'm way behind - due to the tax season widow thing, kids valentines parties (who knew valentine's day/week could be soooo stressful???!!!), photo sessions, YW, teaching enrichment, cleaning, laundry, playdates, and now barfing...I've found that I just like to read other's blogs and forget about my own :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha. that is way funny. the day off from school, monday night, i was throwing up too! now, i'm at home, with strep throat! cool! whatever! anyways, yeah, in the 3rd grade, on the way to school, i was feeling sick one morning, and i told my friend next to me that i felt sick, and she didn't believe me, and told me i was faking. (never underestimate your child's honesty) so, when the bus (yes, i was on the bus, it wasn't like my mom could help me) came to a stop, i let myself go. ALL OVER my friend's lap.....who coincidently was the one who told me i was fine, and a faker. HA! karma! she had to wear these disgusting leggings from the lost and found all day! :) she's still my friend, and we still laugh about it all the time, but i mean, it was bad! sorry indy! feel better man! ;)

Dawn said...

poor mrs. Anderson! I'm glad it wasn't Meg next to him, she would've added to it!