Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Monday, February 4, 2008

Musical Weekend

Friday night...I went to dinner with my friend Cassie (to be mentioned in an upcoming post on a totally different topic) and then we met our friend Erika at Yavapai College to see Verdi's opera "La Traviata". I've never been to the opera before and it was quite the experience, although so was dinner (Bin 239 ;) For those who think "how can you sit and listen to people sing in another language"...well the clever opera folks have figured that all out and there is a little screen at the top of the stage that projects "subtitles" (except for they're more like "toptitles") anyway...you can read along and be completely in step with what is going on. The synopsis they provide in the program, along with the words at top made it into a very enjoyable and understandable show. Highly recommend it!

Sunday we had our stake conference, and I was asked to play the organ. The only problem is...I don't really "play" the organ...I "cheat". I won't bore you with the details of my cheating, but it apparently worked too good and that it is how I ended up with the stake conference gig :(...(kinda like the time when I "inflated" my practice hours with Janet Jones-my piano teacher-so much, that when it came time for the recital and the award for the "most hours practiced" I was sweating in my seat from the fear that I would win and my mom would know that I NEVER practiced! eek!)

Anyway....I actually really really enjoyed myself. It was the coolest thing--pretty hard to describe, but when a few hundred people start singing and you're accompanying them--it's kinda like being swept off your feet in a huge crowd and just carried along. Plus...I was able to sit in the little cushioned seat hidden behind the organ and listen to all the speakers and not worry about screaming children (I just got to watch everyone else worry about them!) I'd better start campaigning for next session!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so you like opera? huh....I would have NEVER guessed it....lol. You're amazin' girl! You played that organ, boy did you play that organ! Who cares if you "cheated", you still worked it girl!(in the words of Tyra Banks, America's Next Top Model...lol:) You're just the best: You're beautiful, and talented, and LAME, because you didn't notice my new smile!!!! Whatever....don't talk to me....(....:)....)

Sabra said...

So you are famous, AND you can cheat at the organ! Wow!

DRN said...

I am sorry I couldn't go with you, it looks like I missed out!

Dawn said...

that sounds like it was alot of fun, and generally kid free. I guess that's what all the 7 kids before were about. I hope Megan never tries to pull a quick one on me like that!

Dawn said...

that sounds like it was alot of fun, and generally kid free. I guess that's what all the 7 kids before were about. I hope Megan never tries to pull a quick one on me like that!