Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Music and the workout

So about 2 years ago...I bought myself an Ipod shuffle (yes the cheapest version possible...much to my husbands dismay). I bought it hoping that I could download every song that made me happy and would help me get through labor...it worked...nothing like a little Led Zepplin "D'yer Maker" or Prince's "Kiss" to get you through those labor pains.

I always seem to be on the lookout for songs to add to my little collection (I say little because the second you try to "think" of songs to put on there...you can no longer remember what you like!) I mainly listen to my ipod when I workout and the songs need to get me going enough to forget about the torture I'm putting myself through.

Well, I just added my favorite songs from the "Across the Universe" soundtrack and I am singing once again! I had to make sure that the people surrounding me at the gym also had on earphones because I could not contain my singing and had to let it out....okay so it was probably like a whisper (can't really verify that since it was cranked so loud and I had to constrain myself from doing dance moves), but it felt like I was singing! My favorite workout song is "I've just seen a face" (I think that's what it's called)...anyway for those who aren't familiar with the soundtrack...it's from a movie that has taken a bunch of Beatles songs and "modernized" them and put them to a story. They cast a really good looking British bloke and the rest is history. I really loved the "freshness" of the songs and its been a long time since I've pumped up the music at home and made my kids dance with me. Laina, Mac and I have all the moves choreographed to "All my lovin" (we had to include McLaren 'cause he was extremely upset to just be watching from his high chair and strongly expressed his desire to join in the fun.)

8 comments:

TRN said...

I dont think you should be at all embarassed to admit to dancing in public or forcing your children to learn your improvised choreography.

Not embarressed at all...

Anonymous said...

haha. i can like, TOTALLY see you bursting out in song at the gym....note to self* never go to the gym when big mama h does....i don't want to face the embarrassment of her saying hi to me right after her person concert. haha. JUST KIDDING! haha. i love it! i haven't seen the movie though. kayla REALLY wanted to, but um....i told her that it was WAY TOO WEIRD for me. haha. well i guess this goes to show that i was right! just JOSHIN' ya! anyways, yah, rent it, and then bring it to that YW sleepover that we're totally going to have soon!

Chy said...

i don't care what you say kels, that is one of my favorite movies!
i like "dear Prudence" and 'with a little help from my friends"

Cristin said...

First of all, I prefer the shuffle to the big iPod because it is lighter.

I saw Across the Universe this weekend and was really disappointed. The soundtrack was great, but I thought the movie was lame. "I've seen a face" was my favorite part.

megan said...

TRN-just annoyed 'cause no one felt like dancing when you were here.

As for the movie...jury is still out...probably on an LSD binge...BUT I really enjoyed the british bloke and when the blonde sings "if I fell in love"

Dawn said...

My favorite thing to do is sing in the car. How is that different. We need a video of Mac shakin' it.

DRN said...

What Mormons like...

Dance routines with their kids :)

PEHNelson said...

Megan! I haven't seen the movie yet, but I loved the soundtrack. Thanks to you and rides in the jeep on the way to school from seminary, edna and I are HUGE Beatles fans!!! And our favorite song to sing is "i've just seen a face". I liked the movie version so much that i made my choralair kids do it at the country concert two weeks ago!!! And David...what's wrong with dance routines with our kids?!?!?! (they are also paul's favorite! ;-)